Retrieving info from Lowrance Units
MACK
Posted 10/28/2007 4:53 PM (#281521)
Subject: Retrieving info from Lowrance Units

I'm going to put a call into Lowrance, tomorrow, Monday, to ask this question, that I'm afraid, I already know the answer to.

However...I'll ask here as well.

I have the LCX-26cHD unit, just a couple seasons old now...is it possible or is there a way, that old GPS charts/paths could be retrieved from the unit, even if the unit no longer displays those charts/paths, ie, the battery's been disconnected and lost info from a specific lake this past July that I'd really like to get back, if at all possible.

I'm guessing their isn't.

Last time I was using the unit...I did go back to look to see if those old paths on the specific lake in mind were still there, and they were no longer there.

Am I S.O.L? Or is there a way that old info can be retrieved from the hard drive, even if sending it back in to Lowrance?
jerkin
Posted 10/28/2007 8:35 PM (#281560 - in reply to #281521)
Subject: Re: Retrieving info from Lowrance Units

If it's not showing on the unit then it's probably gone, but you never know. That's the reason I back up all my info every couple trips. It only takes a minute. I think it's under system setup on the menu where you get the save data option. Click that and it says save or load, click save and it's done. If you have a map card in there just make sure you don't save it to that. I just picked up a 256mb sandisk sd card at radio shack for $6.99. I put a whole state on it from mapcreate and it was only 60mb, you would never fill it up with waypoints and trails.