Line Question
Mike
Posted 9/26/2007 8:36 AM (#276618)
Subject: Line Question

Last weekend I purchased what I thought was the green Cortland Spectron. When I got home & finally had time to spool up a reel, I discovered I had Cortland Spectron Blackspot.

My question is, will I notice any difference by using the blackspot? It says on the box that it's for trolling & jiging. I will use it for casting & dragging an occasional sucker. I'm conserned that the fish might see the line when using it with live bait.

Thanks
Mike
AWH
Posted 9/26/2007 9:15 AM (#276627 - in reply to #276618)
Subject: Re: Line Question

Others have much more experience than I do when it comes to different lines and sucker fishing. But I wouldn't be concerned in the least about your line color.

Aaron
Pointerpride102
Posted 9/26/2007 9:43 AM (#276630 - in reply to #276618)

I wouldnt worry about the line color. As long as it can hold up to what a musky can do you will be fine. Fish dont reason, they have small brains.......If they could see our line and could reason that it was line, no one would ever catch a musky.
RICK'S ROD
Posted 9/26/2007 1:31 PM (#276691 - in reply to #276630)

I have been using Black Spot for the last 4 years. I have had no problem casting with it or using it for suckers. I haven't had a failure with the line yet. The line is softer than the pure super braids, and does retain a little more water when casting, but I havent' removed it from any of my reels. The line is supposed to backlash less than the pure superbraids, but I can't say for sure.

Rick