Muskies Inc. site down
Jim
Posted 9/10/2007 8:40 PM (#274214)
Subject: Muskies Inc. site down

Anybody know what up with the Muskies Inc. website. Tried it several times today but can't get it to open up. Tried it one other computers also, no luck. Any been able to get on it today?
muskie! nut
Posted 9/10/2007 9:44 PM (#274227 - in reply to #274214)
Subject: Re: Muskies Inc. site down

I too have been unable to get in at this time.
Derrys
Posted 9/11/2007 6:18 AM (#274263 - in reply to #274214)
Subject: Re: Muskies Inc. site down

There is a problem with the server, but they are working on it. They are also installing a new Spam Filter program to help reduce unwanted e-mails. I guess that was never done years ago. Supposedly this new program will eliminate almost 100% of the Spam e-mails that have been troublesome recently. I guess there was a server problem last week too, but yesterday was the first time I couldn't access the site. I'm sure it will be taken care of as soon as possible.
Brian
Posted 9/11/2007 10:46 AM (#274299 - in reply to #274214)
Subject: RE: Muskies Inc. site down

...After spending thousands of dollars for the software, we sure are getting our money's worth!

Seems like every other day, I have trouble getting onto the site.
Rong
Posted 9/12/2007 4:10 PM (#274525 - in reply to #274214)

At times it suprises me what interest people. A server goes down because of a technician making an error and we get hung up about the cost of the system. Airplanes crash, bridges collapse, houses burn, people die in accidents.

In prespective,
I don't know of anyone who has not made a mistake. And for those who do not make a living in the wonderful world of technology, the fact is that: "those who do, have the opportunity to make more mistakes then most anyone else."

The issue on the Muskies Inc site seems to have been caused by a technician during the repair of a different problem. Thngs happen, We all learn something every day. Some results are little errors, other escalate into bigger problems.

I have spent about 20 hours on this issue since it happened Monday afternoon and I want to thank the 8 or 9 people who offered their time and expertise to handle this issue. They are professinals and did a heck of a job.

Why can I say this? Because I have over 48 in the computer software industry and know how these types of situations happen, how they effect the people who are part of them, and how professionals, as they all are, take steps to see that this will not happen again.

If anyone wants to comment further, please do so and send me a copy at [email protected] as I do not have time to monitor this post.

Ths system is up as of 3:50pm on 9-12-2007 - no fish were lost, no member maintenance was lost. Go for it!

Ron Groeschl, Webmaster, Muskies Inc.
dcates
Posted 9/13/2007 9:49 AM (#274664 - in reply to #274525)

Ron

Thanks for the good work getting things back up and running.

If anyone wants to help with the MI budget, feel free to contact me directly!

Dave Cates

Edited by dcates 9/13/2007 9:51 AM