|
|
| There's been alot of people saying: "I lost the lure....another dead muskie." I personally have a hard time thinking this is a given. Think about all the fish you lose (at least I lost) when a fish is given a slack line. Fish in nature get things stuck in their mouth all the time. One of a muskie's favorite food bullheads, and last I checked they have barbs on their fins. I don't see too many muskies floating with bullheads in their throat. I know that a lure is a little different then a bullhead, panfish, walleye, etc. I was wondering what others more knowledgable then I thought. | |
| | |
| Might be a good reason to go barbless.
I have caught muskies thie 3/0 hooks in the corner of there mouth from another lure. A good freind lost a fish on a depth raider, went back and stuck the same fish again on a depth raider on the same spot. Opened the mouth and found his depth raider from the other night. That 48" incher did not think twice about eating the same bait two nights in a row.
I have found baits floating missing a hook, you have to wonder that in time they shook the bait. | |
| | |
| I personally have never lost a lure to a muskie, but snagged a lot of trees. Usually the line breaks at the snap (if you use them) or the knot. In that case I don't think it would kill the fish, but if lots of line is attached it could get in the gills, which could probobly injure the fish. | |
| |
|