Big fish follows?

Posted 3/30/2002 9:19 PM (#1583)
Subject: Big fish follows?


Wondering what everyones experience is with larger fish that follow? I've had a few that got lost on my tight 8 and have used a circle or walk them around a bit instead of an 8.

I've also noticed that if I go slowly deeper that I have gotten a few to go (small and big) that I'm not sure would have if I kept the lure up.

What are your experiences?

Posted 3/31/2002 9:28 AM (#27912)
Subject: Big fish follows?


Steve,

I never do a figure 8, I always do a big circle, no matter how big the fish is. If I'm on stained water, I will do at least two complete circles before I cast again. I feel this gives the fish the best chance to take my offerings. As for the depth, I will change up the depth and the speed. To me, I think speed triggers them more than the depth of the lure. I think that when you speed your lure up, the Musky's think that their prey is getting away and then "WHAM" fish on!!!
Your not going to get every fish on a figure 8, but boy is it fun!!![:p]