Opening day topwater
sworrall
Posted 3/30/2002 6:15 PM (#216)
Subject: Opening day topwater


I start throwing the Flaptail type of topwaters opening day, with very good success. This, and many other Muskies never read the book that one had to wait for later in the Spring. I mix the presentation into evening and low light, with jigs and twitchbaits during brighter periods of the day.

When do you start pitching topwater??

Posted 3/30/2002 7:20 PM (#27902)
Subject: Opening day topwater


I always have one topwater rigged. Cherry Twist, Topraider, Topkick, Hawg Wobbler.
Rob

www.ughmuskyseasonstilltoofaraway.com

Posted 3/30/2002 7:53 PM (#27903)
Subject: Opening day topwater


Hey Steve,

My client got one today on a topwater. Water temp was right at 50 degrees.

Chad

Posted 3/30/2002 9:23 PM (#27904)
Subject: Opening day topwater


I CAN'T WAIT!! [:bigsmile:]

Posted 3/30/2002 10:43 PM (#27905)
Subject: Opening day topwater


Topwater Rocks....Nothing gets my blood flowing better then a good wake, a large wall of water.....and a Smash..bang..boom..bash.


Posted 3/30/2002 11:09 PM (#27906)
Subject: Opening day topwater



----------------
On 3/30/2002 10:43:52 PM

Topwater Rocks....Nothing gets my blood flowing better then a good wake, a large wall of water.....and a Smash..bang..boom..bash.


----------------

I HEAR THAT!!
THERE'S NOTHING LIKE IT. TOPWATER RULES!![;)]

Posted 4/1/2002 12:00 PM (#27907)
Subject: Opening day topwater


They work! About 3 years ago during the southern WI opener I got the first muskie of the season 15 minutes into the day at 4:45 am in the dark on a boat side L....now THAT is the way to start the season....multiple fish were caught that day on top....warm spring day with a light drizzle.....uhhhhhhh

Cory

Posted 4/1/2002 12:06 PM (#27908)
Subject: Opening day topwater


Steve,
Do you always have people in Helicopters take your picture? How did that person get that angle?

Scott

Posted 4/1/2002 4:28 PM (#27909)
Subject: Opening day topwater


I love topwater, never be afraid to toss a topwater anytime of year.My favourite early season topwater bait is Jackpot, pause this bait in between walks(as long as 10 seconds between them) and the laziest fish will get mad and strike.Have patiences!


D'arcy
Darcy's Guide Service
www.darcyfish.com/Musky.html

Posted 4/1/2002 7:40 PM (#27910)
Subject: Opening day topwater


Smash...bang...boom...bash....sounds like Batman was chasing your bait...did you release him? Actuaaly it sounds like a postal safety talk.....[;)] [:sun:]

Posted 4/2/2002 11:29 AM (#27911)
Subject: Opening day topwater


D'arcy,
You pause the Jackpot for as long as ten seconds? I used to so that with a floating Rapala, and a Suick...kinda just forgot to lately. Will try the trick you mention with my new Musky Buster and my new 10" Suick, too.

Any other tricks??[:sun:]