What do you think????

Posted 3/29/2002 7:51 PM (#6399)
Subject: What do you think????


Do you feel that a lower 20 year old guy is to young and doesnt have enuf knowledge to give a talk on fishing muskys to a club?Is there any suggestions you can give or helpfull hints?

Posted 3/29/2002 7:59 PM (#27827)
Subject: What do you think????


I say if you have enough knowledge do it! You see 60+ year old teachers as school teachers but you also see 24 year old teachers.

Posted 3/29/2002 8:05 PM (#27828)
Subject: What do you think????


Why sure, I think knowledge, skill and intuition are what really count. you'll do great.

Posted 3/29/2002 10:03 PM (#27829)
Subject: What do you think????


MuskieE,
It's all what you think, not what everyone else thinks. I am also lower 20's and I think we have a huge advantage to know some of the techniques we have learned this early because it will only grow and we will only get better with time. Who knows how many things we'll know in our early 30's.. There are some guys much older than us that may be much less experienced than us so it's not a matter of age at all, just experience.

-Phil Cali

Posted 3/30/2002 6:22 AM (#27830)
Subject: What do you think????


Just make sure you show confidence!
It's what you know and can teach, not how old you are.

Posted 3/30/2002 7:38 AM (#27831)
Subject: What do you think????


[:bigsmile:] My self I'm almost 40 ,but on the other my son is only 12 . My son can out fish some of my other friends and just about casts all day long. What I'm getting at is if he keeps up on his quest for muskies ,by the time he's 20 or so he should be pretty damm good at it.In the world of muskie fishing ,its not who you know ,its what you know.
knowledge+aplication=fish in your boat.

good hunting

mike[:sun:]

Posted 3/30/2002 12:04 PM (#27832)
Subject: What do you think????


I started doing seminars for shows and clubs when in my 20's, and had very little resistance to age. I started guiding in my lower 20's, and had a few good fish to my credit. That helps.

Good information, no matter where it is from, has value. Be sure to check and re-check any of your claims you may make, and the rest is alot of fun.

Besides, how is one to learn without jumping right in??

[::)]