Glow vs fluorescent...

Posted 3/29/2002 11:04 AM (#2666)
Subject: Glow vs fluorescent...


How do lures called glow, differ from fluorescent - do they need to be charged to work?
Are they effective? If yes, is the white glow more effective or the colors?
Are they difficult to add to existing lures? I have some glow paint and they call for a lot of prep work including a couple coats of primer and then a hard sealant after the glow is applied.
Thanks.

Posted 3/29/2002 1:22 PM (#27789)
Subject: Glow vs fluorescent...


I have never really done very well with the glow in the dark paints. I have tried them extensively, against standard colors, and actually have seen little difference. I do know that if one is using them on a very datk night, and charging them really brightly alot, they seem to be ineffective.

Posted 4/1/2002 10:58 AM (#27790)
Subject: Glow vs fluorescent...


Renosky lures has just come out with a line of glow in the dark musky plugs. Mine are already ordered. I am told they will hold the glow longer then average. I'll put a post up when I get them let ya know what I think of them.