New Baits?

Posted 3/28/2002 11:48 AM (#6184)
Subject: New Baits?


Unlike ToddM, I'm not a compulsive lure buyer, and am in the dark on a few new lures. So I am looking for a little insite on a few baits I haven't heard of too much. Any information on their action, fish catching ability, post it please.

1)Eat Me Baits (the softy and woody jerkbaits)
2)Musky Magic (Slip Slider Glider and Slidin Shad)
3)Widow Maker (Dead Head)
4)Wyde Glyde (Cigar and Shad Body)
5)Punisher
6)HammerHead
Thanks,
MJB

Posted 3/28/2002 12:04 PM (#27704)
Subject: New Baits?


I have one of the Dead Heads. It's almost 6 oz and and crappie color. It has been awhile since I've thrown it but it does have a large profile, but I'm not sure on how much wobble or action it has. Probably more of a little glide type.
Rob

Posted 3/28/2002 3:04 PM (#27705)
Subject: New Baits?


And Todd is saying "Compulsive? What? Just because I can't control how much I buy?"

MJB

Posted 3/28/2002 7:02 PM (#27706)
Subject: New Baits?


MJB, Mr. Compulsive here. I have most of the baits you speak of here except the hammer head. All are new and untested except the slip slider. That bait has a side to side darting action and is easy to work. It works a little deeper than most gliders too because it is narrow and less bouyant. I have seen a video on the punisher and it has a good glide as well.