LOTW Muskie Trip for Vets
Manta18
Posted 6/6/2007 3:33 AM (#259598)
Subject: LOTW Muskie Trip for Vets

I have been asked to help out a group that is putting together a fishing trip up on Lake of the Woods for veterans of Iraq/Afghanistan/Bosnia/Kosovo/Gulf War, or any other conflict.  Unfortunately, this trip will not take place until next summer (Aug 5-8 2008), as we have just started this and the resort was already booked for this summer.  However, we now have it blocked off for next summer and the rest of the planning is already going full speed ahead. 

The goal is to bring the veterans up to the resort and have each of them fish with a different guide/pro each day.  The level of experience is not important, whether you have caught hundred's of Muskies or have never thrown a bait but really would like to.  We are trying very hard to make this trip cost next to nothing for the veterans involved (except for their license fees).  This is open to any branch of service, as long as you served in a conflict you are welcome. 

There are a limited number of spots left, so if you are interested or know of a veteran that would be interested, you can respond here, PM me or shoot me an email ([email protected]).  If I dont respond to you right away, dont worry.  My unit is in the process of leaving Iraq and heading home, so it is a busy time right now.  I WILL GET BACK TO YOU!  If you could spread the word around, it is appreciated!  Looking forward to hearing back from some of you. 

Edited by Manta18 6/6/2007 3:37 AM
Derrys
Posted 6/6/2007 7:20 AM (#259610 - in reply to #259598)
Subject: Re: LOTW Muskie Trip for Vets

This is an excellent idea, Bret. Sounds like it will be a great time. Thanks for your service.

MuskyTime
Posted 6/6/2007 9:58 AM (#259651 - in reply to #259598)

Bret,

Couple questions,

Are you looking for people to take vets out fishing as well?

Where are you staying on the woods?

Ed
Manta18
Posted 6/7/2007 12:53 AM (#259784 - in reply to #259651)

Muskytime:

We are staying @ Bay Store Camp

I am not putting together the guides, but will talk to the person that is and get back to you.

Edited by Manta18 6/7/2007 12:55 AM
dougj
Posted 6/7/2007 3:53 PM (#259896 - in reply to #259598)
Subject: RE: LOTW Muskie Trip for Vets

I'm involved with this, as is Dick Pearson. Just trying to do something for folks who have done lots for us.

Just starting to get things organized. Dick is in charge and the main organizer. If you want to help get hold of me and I'll pass the info to Dick.

Should be a great time for a very worthy cause.

Doug Johnson