prop wash!!!
stugots4u
Posted 5/30/2007 4:02 PM (#258719)
Subject: prop wash!!!

Very exciting opening weekend!!! We only caught a 35incher but the fish were no where to be found.We were fishing the flabeau area. Anyway after reading the prop wash article I decide to goof around. We were casting for walleyes, so I decided to test this theory.My partner told me that if I caught a fish this way he would give up the hunt all together. AS we moved back to orignal drift spot I put on a killer eel!! As we reached are starting point he killed the motor. I gave the bait 1 jerk and seen the whole side of gold/white musky. The fish grabber the lure and went right for the 6 foot bottom.I couldnt move any line at all.He only moved us.Before you no it my bait came flying out of the water. I caught alot of muskies before in the mid 40 range and never had a problem moving a fish!!!My point is how big is a fish that you have a tough time moving???I also have never had a fish on that went to the bottom and never really ran.10 casts later a had a northern hit the same bait and missed him too.The eel is a great bait but the hook up sucks. I have since added some hooks to the bait.My ? is how hard is it toget a upper 50 inch fish in to the boat once he is hooked? I dont think the fish even new he had a lure in his mouth???