Prophecies for June
agrimm
Posted 5/30/2007 8:32 AM (#258622)
Subject: Prophecies for June

What are your prophecies for June; Lures, Retrieve, Depth, Structure, Time, Etc.?
Will some stick with the small bait theory in shallow water? Will others venture more into open water? What will be your June pattern for big, small, clear or dark lakes?
Myself, I believe (hope) with stable weather we will see more fish finding the bottom of the net. I will first target my summer spots, breaking weed edges, mid-lake humps (rock and weed), points and open water baitfish. I will be using bigger profile baits with erratic action and speed. I’ll fish pre-sunrise to post-sunset and every time in between. For the next two weeks, I’ll be on a darker chain of lakes. Like others, if nothing movin’, I’ll start changing gears and exploring.
What will you do?
Dacron + Dip
Posted 5/30/2007 9:19 AM (#258636 - in reply to #258622)
Subject: RE: Prophecies for June

That sounds like a winning plan for just about anywhere man! I'll do the same as every year, rig five rods with five different lures and fish every good area no matter what the calendar says. If it's a proven suspended spot, I'll fish it. If it's a good slop bed in four feet of water, I'll fish it, a good rockpile or shoal, I'll fish it. Trolling works just as good as casting, and early+late in the day has been the best the last two years. The weeds are really coming up well this year, last year they were also at this time and a Opening Week was dynamite, one of the best in a long time. Taking the first week of July off again for our opener this year, four days on the French River, four on Georgian Bay. Full-size Suick or Bobbie, big bootail, surface bait, jointed Believer or 10" Jake and I'm set for the week.
jonnysled
Posted 5/30/2007 9:25 AM (#258637 - in reply to #258622)
Subject: Re: Prophecies for June

probably same as we did last night ... start with a plan that comes from some experience and then adjust accordingly until we connect with an opportunity. reduce the water and presentation until you find something worth focussing on and hope you get to it sooner rather than later ... never getting married to something that isn't happening.

also, a little more running and gunning to just take a quick shot at multiple known spots ...
JohnMD
Posted 5/30/2007 9:27 AM (#258638 - in reply to #258622)

Mikie & Mauser nail a PIG at the Rinelander outing

bn
Posted 5/30/2007 10:51 AM (#258657 - in reply to #258622)

stop wearing my new unlucky Brewer visor... since I started wearing it last thurs nite I have lost the last 4 fish I have had hit including one in the mid 40" range last nite ...

June will bring some good topwater and bucktail action..the nite bite should pick up...how about some stable weather and winds less than 25mph would be nice...

A matchfishing win on June 15th against Bytor/Lardonastick is in the cards too!

musky-skunk
Posted 5/30/2007 12:20 PM (#258684 - in reply to #258622)

I'll only be able to get out the second weekend in the month of June (SUCKS) but I'll be fishing curly leaf pondweeds in 6-9 feet of water and maybe some docks if the sun should choose to mess things up. Been a great season so far but I can't wait to get up into Minnesota. I'll throw rad dogs, mantas, hellhounds, medium-large bucktails, and maybe some shallow invaders.

In July, August, September however most my family commitments will have ended and the fish are going to get a major hurting at that point. Got a fair number of 40+ inchers so far this season considering how few times I've been out but some 50's are going down this summer, going to try out some of my bran new thornes custom colored Mag Dawgs and my new super and double cow girls.
Fish and Whistle
Posted 5/30/2007 11:16 PM (#258772 - in reply to #258622)

My June & July will be the same. Rehab (not that kind) on the hand. Just had my 5th hand surgery. (3 on right hand, now 2 on the left) Had a tendon removed from the wrist. People can't believe me when I tell them Muskie fishing is exhuasting and very physically demanding. Can't blame all the damage on fishing, but it is a large part of the problem. Anyway my goal is to be back on the water by Sept. 1st and on LOTW by Sept 7th.
Top H2O
Posted 6/1/2007 1:17 AM (#258909 - in reply to #258772)

Andy,

I'll be hitting the same spots on Vermilion with my kids that you had a great time on last summer, this Sat.
we will be throwing, a weagle, dawgs, cowgirls, baby wobble, lungen tails, and the squirrelly tail Phantom ..... Triangle of death.... It rocks.

Probably hit some weedy bays , and north of pine for sure.... Can you say mid lake reefs..... I still have night sweats about that 55+" that showed her 1" long fangs 3 different times last summer.........I'm really pumped,

The next five days with my kids and one of the most beautiful lakes in the USA.
Oh ya, BIG MUSKIES too.

Jerome