What is your favorite Spring bait and why?

Posted 3/27/2002 7:03 PM (#945)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


Tell us why you like the a certain lure in the spring.

Posted 3/27/2002 8:08 PM (#27535)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


6" Orange Tiger Jake, because its the only bait I have caught Skis on prior to May. Hoping to change that this year.

Dave

Posted 3/27/2002 8:42 PM (#27536)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


A 6" fire tiger Slammer Crankbait. It can be twitched on top, or used like a jerkbait or cranked straight in. This covers presentations from the surface down to 5' for all types of structure.

Posted 3/27/2002 9:00 PM (#27537)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


My top spring producer was a creature, until Jason Smith introduced me to a 5" Slammer. Now I wonder which will shine on Pelican this year![:bigsmile:]

Posted 3/28/2002 7:11 AM (#27538)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


I'm going with 5 and 6 inch twitchers. I really like the Slammer's but have two home painted custom Grandma's that are just itchin' to get wet too.


Posted 3/28/2002 9:29 AM (#27539)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


Have not had the opportunity to throw my Slammers yet so i will have to stick with the Jig and lizard or other creature. awesome springtime bite every year.

Let Em Go...Let Em Grow.....Mike

Posted 3/28/2002 11:46 AM (#27540)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


Jig and Reaper.

Posted 3/28/2002 11:51 AM (#27541)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


5 inch slammer(golden shiner)

Posted 3/29/2002 11:59 AM (#27542)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


Also, nearly forgot! The little bitty Suick has done well for me too.[:(]

Posted 3/29/2002 3:31 PM (#27543)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


The 6 inch TR TWITCHER has been HOT for me in May. For some reason it catches BIG fish... not just numbers of fish in the early season. Can't argue with that!

Posted 3/29/2002 4:47 PM (#27544)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


I feel like the oddball but Rizzo Wiz's have been the best for me. They seem to get action when other baits aren't working!

Posted 3/29/2002 5:09 PM (#27545)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


brett-
took the words right out of my mouth! rizzo wiz and a 5-6" twitch bait is my 1-2 punch. great combo...
steve

Posted 3/29/2002 5:33 PM (#27546)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


Hi,

Good choices! Its hard to pick just one.

5" crane
Mepps bucktail or a fox vibrax

Posted 3/30/2002 10:34 PM (#27547)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


My 2 cents here..

A five and six inch Slammer.
A Undertaker.
A Reef Hawg
A Mepps #5
A Squirly burt
A Husky Jerk

Why because of the "History" in my boat, I list them in order of my favorite one and down. I have caught fish on all of these in the first three weeks of the season. They all have a purpose and a presentation that is needed.

Posted 3/31/2002 5:43 AM (#27548)
Subject: What is your favorite Spring bait and why?


You guys might think I am nuts, but I love using twitch baits in the spring, but I like to use 10" jakes. I fish a lot of wood and timber that are holding walleyes. I think that the muskies like to key in on the size of the bait that closely resembles that of a walleye. I do downsize, only when a cold front occurs. Hey, the water is colder in November then it is in May and look how big of suckers guys use and throw the biggest baits they can find. I think that the water temp isn't that important.

I also like to use Jig/Reaper/Creature combos when sight fishing.

Rob Manthei