WMT Results?
Mr Musky
Posted 5/29/2007 12:45 PM (#258477)
Subject: WMT Results?

Anybody heard who won the WMT tourney on the Twins? How many were caught?

Thanks,
Mr Musky
jperry
Posted 5/29/2007 7:20 PM (#258557 - in reply to #258477)
Subject: RE: WMT Results?

I'm told the two top finishers from last year repeated again this year. Not sure who got third and fourth. Hess and Vierkandt got a 5th place finish. Finally on the board guys way to go.
WMT
Posted 5/30/2007 5:35 PM (#258728 - in reply to #258477)

The 2007 North/South Twin Lakes tournament sets a new record for a WMT one-day event with 28 registered legals, beating the old record of 26 muskies during the 2005 and 2006 North/South Twin Lakes tournaments. Bob and Annie Jacobs would start the record day with a 38 incher at 8:35am, but they would follow up with a 37 1/2" muskie at 3:12pm. The first double registered would be caught by Bill Vierkandt and Rick Hess when they tallied a 36" muskie at 12:08pm to add to their ealier catch of 38 1/2 inches at 11:09am. The team of Steve Doyen and Ralph Spurgeon would take over the lead at 1:56pm with a 40 incher adding to their previous muskie of 36 inches at 9:58am, but their hold on first place would only last sixteen minutes. At 2:12pm, Even and Buck Derleth would capture the victory with their second muskie of the day of 41 1/2 inches along with their 38 1/2" muskie at 1:25pm for a total of 80 inches. Finishing in fourth place would be Neil Barnett and Bill Hill when they would tally two muskies of their own with a 37 1/4 incher at 12:27pm and a 37 1/2" muskie at 2:14pm.

Other anglers to score on muskies were: Clay Schmoeker/Mark VanRossum's 37 3/4 " at 8:47am, Mark & Robbie Rottier's 40 1/2" at 9:04am, Jay & Norm Baldwin's 36" at 9:15am, Josh & Garrett Olivotti's 36 3/4" at 9:30am, John Bennett/Brent Kiedrowski's 37" at 9:54am, Bill Ollman/Mike Esselman's 39" at 10:18am, Phil Amstandt/Greg Kliss's 39 3/4" at 10:32am, Garth Darton/Seth Rehfeldt's 41 1/2" at 10:40am, Roger Drewelow/Steve Small's 40" at 10:52am, Ivan Stross/Jeff Piazza's 41 3/4" at 11:31am, Steve & Mike Schneider's 35" at 11:31am, Mark Lijewski/Clay Schroeder's 41" at 12:18pm, Brett Jolly/Lucas Molepske's 38" at 12:48pm, Randy Pearson/Bob Decker's 38 1/4" at 1:20pm, Nick & Ryan Wenninger's 37 1/2 at 2:31pm, Gary & Todd Luedtke's 36 1/4" at 3:25pm, Jason McCrea/Derrick Ronnenberg's 37" at 3:48pm, and John Ferguson/George Rion's 41" at 4:32pm.

The WMT's North/South Twin Lakes paid down five places:
1st - Even & Buck Derleth
2nd - Steve Doyen/Ralph Spurgeon
3rd - Bob & Annie Jacobs
4th - Neil Barnett/Bill Hill
5th - Bill Vierkandt/Rick Hess

The next tournaments for the WMT will be on June 2nd on the Phillips Chain of Lakes and on June 3rd on Butternut Lake in Park Falls. Both the Phillips Chain and Butternut Lake tournaments still have some open spots. If you are interested in fishing the Phillips Chain tournament, you can register for the event on Friday, June 1st at the Birch Island Resort on the shores of Wilson Lake on the chain between the hours of 5:00pm and 7:30pm. If you are interested in participating in the Butternut Lake tournament, you can register for the event on Saturday, June 2nd at the Northern Pines Resort on the east shore of Butternut Lake between the hours of 6:00pm and 7:30pm. For more information about the WMT tournaments, call (715)369-1394 or log on to the WMT's web site at www.WMTseries.com for more information on all of the 21 tournament waters that the WMT host tournaments.

http://www.wmtseries.com/2007/twins.shtml

MRoberts
Posted 5/31/2007 8:58 AM (#258800 - in reply to #258728)

I enjoy reading the results of the WMT and PMTT that get posted on the different musky boards. I am wondering if a little more info could be posted. It’s great to hear who was in the top and how many fish where caught, but would it be possible to post what techniques where used to catch the fish. Specificly if one technique is was hotter than the rest. I think this is something all readers of the board could benefit from and would probably get more traffic to read the results posts.

Just asking, thanks.

Nail A Pig!

Mike
muskybudda
Posted 5/31/2007 11:45 AM (#258831 - in reply to #258477)

Mike, Most times the results are all that you will get. These guys are pretty tight lipped on how they are catching their fish. Remember they are fishing for some pretty big prize money. I can tell you one thing 80% of the fish are caught on plastic!! I have been fishing tourneys for 4 years now and have learned more from watchin and being around some of these guys than I thought possible. If you have never fished one I strongly recomend it. The info you will learn is well worth it.
huntermd
Posted 6/1/2007 8:13 AM (#258926 - in reply to #258477)

Hello Mike Roberts,

In the years past, I used to give out a little more details in the tournament results for all of the events, but that would mean a longer delay in posting the results on web sites. So, to get the results on the message boards ASAP, I am just giving the meat and taters of the tournament with who caught what and at what time.

I am sure you are like me when you are done with fishing a muskie tournament, I go directly to the board and look to see who caught muskies and when they were caught and if there was any times when I was seeing fish and when the muskies were registered...to find the "hot times". Also, people who did not fish in the tournament, but fishing that day somewhere near the event, can check their successful times whith the tournament anglers successes.

We will have a more detailed account of the tournaments, with interviews from the successful anglers appear in the Badger Sportsman Magazine starting this next issue in June. The WMT is proud to have the Badger Sportsman Magazine as the official publication of the tour, and not only can you find great articles on muskie fishing in each and every issue, but there coverage of hunting and fishing in the state of Wisconsin is second to none.

I hope the info that we post on the message boards will be enough for now and folks can understand that we are trying our best with a grueling 21 tournament schedule. Our time is limited but we are doing our best.

Thanks,

Tom McInnis