|
|
| OK,
I'm taking Slamr out on Friday, I know, but what can I say, I'm a nice guy!!! [:halo:]
Any advice from anyone that has ever fished with him would be greatly appreciated!!!
Doe's he have any weird habits or anything that I might have to know, like special medication he should be taking, any phobias he might have!!![:0]
Do you think I should net my own fish!!!
Please let me know ASAP!!!!!!
Thanks, | |
| | |
| I have never met slamr, but I have talked to him and others that know him. All I can say is be very careful.
Dave | |
| | |
| Musky fever-
I have fished with the SLAMR many times. If he pops off I usually just throw stuff at him like doughnuts, coffee cake or let the suckers smack him in the jaw. He is known as the dinkmaster for many reasons, not just fishing. He likes to shake off the larger fish at boatside and target the smaller species. He will be the featured guest on my up and coming video series of "Fishing With Running_Hot". I wll see you on the lake, I will be either in my Champion or a friends ProCraft. You will have fun.
Thanks
Running_Hot!!!!! | |
| | |
| I'm another of the few who have fished with Slamr many times, and yes I am in the support group to help deal with the side effects of excessive exposure.
Things to be warned about....
1. Bring food, he won't. If he does, it will be gas station sandwhiches, and not good ones, cheap ones.
2. Do not let him release your or his own fish! For some reason he likes to stick his entire hand in the fishes mouth and more often then not ends up bleeding all over your boat. (see #3 and #5) Last time I got to witness this he covered a small cardboard box in so much blood that when I got home, my wife asked what happened and did we have to go to the hospital.
3. Bring a good fist aid kit.
4. Don't let him drive your truck with a trailer attached. (see # 5)
5. Make sure you have sufficient insurance.
6. He smokes, like a chimney. Ask him where he intends to put his butts when finished....muskie food.
7. Since you are a professional, he may not tell you what to do, where to fish, how to fish, and what to fish with, for that, be thankful.
You will have fun laughing at him and hopefully you won't end up in jail because you wanted to kill him before the day ended. Everything you have imagined about him based on your initial contact and reading his posts on the many boards is not enough to prepare you for the truth....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
But seriously, you will have fun, he's fun to laugh at. | |
| | |
| I have never fished with slamr, but I do know this much:
Don't let him use your equipment! He seems to have a tendency to drop rods/reels in the lake!
Also, I'll second what everyone else had to say, don't let him drive. He has a "nack" for running into gas pumps.
If you are fishing with him because of his latest hot streak, just remember this: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. | |
| | |
| Hee hee heeeee....ALL THE MORE REASON HE MUST COME TO THE CAVE NEXT MARCH!!!!!!![:sun:] [:sun:] [:sun:] [:sun:] | |
| | |
| Dont let him leave items in your truck, so he can go fishing with you again to get them back.[;)]
When driving Slamr to the lake, dont be the passenger in the back seat. He lowers the window and smokes like a chimny[;)]
Dont trust him with weather reports, YOU MIGHT BE ALL ICED UP!!![;)] [:bigsmile:]
Otherwise all said and done, he is a good stick and fun to fish with. I would fish with him anytime.[:bigsmile:] | |
| | |
| Lunchie,
The guy actually brought some really good sandwiches the time I was out with him. If he didn't, we would have been in trouble. I'm usually the idiot that brings nothing and starves out on the lake. I'm fixin' to change that this year, though...along with the fish totals.
Driveway | |
| | |
| Man I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to fish with Slamr. He is the perfect parner you see he gets those pesty little dinks to hit his lures and lets you catch all the big ones. [:p] | |
| | |
| Hey Rich, I never thought about it that way!!!!
That sounds "GOOD" to me!!!!![:p] | |
| | |
| you might consider bringing some valium. grind it to a fine powder at home so it will quickly dissolve when you slip it into his pop. | |
| | |
| I can feel the LLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Sponge, I'm never going to the Cave, muddy water makes me think of chocolate milk, which makes me think of cheezits, which makes me think both where my favorite "munchie food" back in the day, which makes me wax nostalgic to when I used to have many more brain cells and less of a chip on my shoulder. Dhebeda, nice boat....why don't you fish? Tomyv, that gas pump is gonna pay, but at least I was dragging a boat instead of a backpack to walk the bank!!! Ranger, valium has no effect, the prozac, xanax and ambien that I take makes a nice cocktail (I don't know you well enough to tag on you yet). Running_Hot, I loved the sucker slap, at least you got to have some fun with a fish that day (mine was a dink, registered though). Driveway (once must pursue the Muskellunge to be branded the name "Lungin", therefore you are Driveway), she had better be a hottie, and one not afraid to give it up because.....once again, nice boat, why don't you fish? TrophyM, I ever tell you that I was so drunk when we met I could barely stop myself from laughing at you and your accent? Jason, those boots where for your wife to kick your @ss with so that she can run away with me (that baby is going to be about 6' tall when he grows up, and about 215....like his DADDY!). And last but no least: Lunchie....w/o me you would just be a whiney cry@ss with a great boat, no friends to fish with but your wife, and losing your hair...wait, you're that with me around!!! His hair is not thinning, but his mind definitely is! Where are my other "friends"?? Remer is probably off chasing "hotties" like the one at Dooleys (C&R and RUN was the way to describe her), Setme31 is probably planning for his first day on the water (July 15th is the latest I heard), and Boro is probably trying to think of some of the nasty things I taught him in the last 3 years to use against me!!!!!
Slamr | |
| | |
| Whew! I'm gonna stay on yer good side. | |
| | |
| Whew! I'm gonna stay on yer good side. | |
| | |
| Ok Slammer, you got me. I'll go fishing.
Dave | |
| | |
| WOW!! I leave the board for one day, and I get jumped on. I didn't even say anything! I was on Michigan Avenue minding my own business.
Just because you don't have a life doesn't mean that you can critique every one else's. You don't have a job, and your wife doesn't care if you are ever around. Oh wait, you do have a job, you find other people job's. Which I am sure is a real hot sector in this economy. No wonder you can fish during the week.
Yea, you've been catching fish this year, but I wouldn't agree with the sizes. That 30" fish you sent me a picture of couldn't of been more that 23". That thing could have fit in my aquarium.
6'0" 215 lbs, yea, in your a$$. Try 250.
When you are ready to catch a fish in the state you live in, give me a call. Otherwise, you can keep going to the easiest place on earth to catch a fish.
I'm with Muskie Illini (or should I say SKEELUNKER), I'll stay in Illinois to catch a fish.
Everyone have a nice day (except slamr),
Scott
P.S.
If you ever fish in my boat, I'll throw a knife at you too. Just make sure you don't bleed in the boat.[:p] | |
| | |
| Anyone think I touched a nerve on Setme31....I just try to push a man to fish, and look what happens. Tears on my job, my marriage, my fish....he only left the religion thing out. Now I'm so sad, I might have to go fishing tomorrow, which is usually the best way to avoid Setme31, find water to put a boat on, wherever, whenever, you can be sure the Tuffy of his will be high and dry in the Garage.
Slamr | |
| | |
| Dunt...dun...na...nah..... Eeeeeeeeeego Man!
We're all going to have to buy bigger boats so you can get that ego on board.
2 outings on that over stuffed pond full of fish and you think you are freakin superman. | |
| | |
| No ego at all on this post....yet I get a double dose of ripping from Lunchie. Enjoy the wedding shower next weekend, I'll think of you while I'm fishing.
Slamr | |
| | |
| I think the Slamr on this board, and the Andrew Golden fellow that calls me are two different people.
On the phone he is a nice guy. Always understanding of your situation. Then you get that same man on a message board with an Alias, and he goes all medieval on your a$$. What's up with that?
Slamr, I would like to see you balance half of the sh!t that I balance. Try a real job, building my basement, planning a wedding, and playing in volleyball tournaments every weekend (8am - 6pm). Let's see how often you can drive 4 hours to go fishing.
Have a nice day Andrew (but not slamr),
Scott[:halo:] | |
| | |
| Eaaaaaaasy Slamr It'll be Okay. Take one of the red pills and two white ones. EVERYTHING is going to be Okay.
Of course if I had the year you had last year I'd be riled up some too this year. Maybe not to the extent you are, but, I can relate.
Musky Fever,
Try not to rile him up and everything will work out fine.
One suggestion is to bring pizza with triple black olives for him to eat. He loves that.
Even though I'm sure you are going to put him on fish, if he does suggest to you where he wants to fish just agree and then do what you want. That's what works for me anyway. [:devil:]
Brian
| |
| | |
| Is this Muskie @entral?0723 | |
| | |
| Nope, I have read this from top to bottom..everything is said in Fun[:bigsmile:]
Slamr really loves all of us and we all really love him.[:bigsmile:] , even though he is sometimes off the wall. He means well and is fixture part of MuskieFIRST.com. Many folks here enjoy what he has to say.
Ok, I am done sucking up to Slamr......The question is..Why am I doing this...LOL[:bigsmile:] | |
| | |
| No its not MuckieCentral or MuskieFirst,.....Its SlamrFirst - Don't you know, its always all about slamr [:p] | |
| | |
| It's 2:00 central time and I'm getting ready to leave for my big trip with Slamr. If you guy's don't hear from me by Monday morning, please send out a search party, you know where we will be!!!![:0]
HOPE TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![;)] | |
| |
|