Check this out

Posted 3/26/2002 7:21 AM (#3095)
Subject: Check this out


Hello All,
I receieved a e-mail this morning from a friend telling me to check this out. After doing this, within a couple of minutes I was starting to get irritated, but then after reading on, it became ridiclulous and amusing. I can't believe these people actually believe this BS.
http://www.nofishing.net/

Posted 3/26/2002 7:28 AM (#27302)
Subject: Check this out


Hi Chuck: That site has been up for some time, these people are real whackos and a threat to our sport


Posted 3/26/2002 7:39 AM (#27303)
Subject: Check this out


That's it, I quit fishing.

Dave

Posted 3/26/2002 8:55 AM (#27304)
Subject: Check this out


Only wish they had a "board" that I could go be a pest on, wouldn't that be fun! [:devil:] [;)]

Posted 3/26/2002 11:30 AM (#27305)
Subject: Check this out


If they had a board there would be free flowing ideas. Most propaganda doesn't work too well when people think for themselves and exchange ideas. I too found their site amusing, but it's actually quite scary. If you really knew nothing about fishing and hunting and were taught to think their way since childhood, what might you think? They are infiltrating our schools at some levels. They have campaigns called "save our schools" and the depict a school of fish. Think about how many of your friends fish. Most of mine don't fish, but they do feel we have that right. I don't know what their children may think when they become adults. Most of them will never fish. If they are exposed to PETA and have never heard "our side," what will they think? Most of what is on that website sounds reasonable if you don't have a different perspective. How would one know what else to think if that is all they have heard? PETA may not be an immediate threat to us. I fear though that they may become more powerfull and dangerous to my children.

Posted 3/26/2002 2:10 PM (#27306)
Subject: Check this out


thats hilarious

Posted 3/26/2002 2:13 PM (#27307)
Subject: Check this out


I think I've got a tear in my eye and will now stop fishing period. Well maybe not, but that is a pretty funny site! LOL

Posted 3/26/2002 3:27 PM (#27308)
Subject: Check this out


Fish.....mmmmm tasty!

I think it's more painful reading their rubbish than being hooked in the mouth.

Posted 3/27/2002 9:35 AM (#27309)
Subject: Check this out


Thanks, Chuck. Maybe I should start using rubber hooks now. I know that bunch has been after the Boy Scouts to dump their fishing and hunting merit badges. I wonder what they thought of Fear Factor the other night when the contestants were eating aborted baby ducks? Wish they would focus on that stuff and leave my sport alone!
I hope things go well for you on the chat, sorry I'll be missing it but The Water Calls. m[:bigsmile:]