Tyger Leaders?

Posted 3/24/2002 10:01 AM (#5716)
Subject: Tyger Leaders?


The new F&S mag has a note about a new tie-able steel leader. here's a quote...

"Pike and musky anglers ahve a new weapon in their tackle boxes...The whisper-thin, nylon coated, microbraided stainless-steel leader handles the toothiest critters, yer remians supple enough to tie directly to a hook or lure. Tyger comes in 5, 15, 30 or 50 pound test." (tygerleader.com)

Pretty interesting, eh? Anybody had a chance to chek these out, yet? Seems a good bet for direct tieing to jigs and creatures? I'll be near a Gander Mountain on Tuesday, I'll stop in and see if I can pick up a test spool, to, um, test on the dogs and kids and report back to the board.

Posted 3/24/2002 12:13 PM (#27185)
Subject: Tyger Leaders?


We have had this type of leader material in stock for years. We call it Micro Supreme. Both coated and uncoated. E mail for a catalog. [email protected].
Dick

Posted 3/24/2002 12:33 PM (#27186)
Subject: Tyger Leaders?


I hope you get alot of responses to this question.I bought a spool of #50 at the Milw.Sport Show this year.The rep made tying knots look so easy at the show.When I tried to tie them they didn't look quite so good.I look at them and I don't have confidence in them.I can't decide if they will hold or not.I don't want to have a fish swim away with a mouth full of hooks because of my poor knot with a new product.Anyone with any experience with Tyger leaders please help.












Posted 3/24/2002 1:19 PM (#27187)
Subject: Tyger Leaders?


I have used it with sluggo type baits on the spinning rod for pike. I have no complaints - no break-offs. I haven't tried it with any big plugs or metal.

Angus