weather
lunker1952
Posted 4/20/2007 5:45 PM (#251869)
Subject: weather

Steve started the ball rolling on water temps.How about air temps,cloudy or sunny,rain or not.If rain light or a down pour.And what about the all important barometer,rising,falling,or steady?As you probably have already surmized i'm new to the game.HEELLPP.Someone try and explain the weather gods to me.If it matters i live on Shishabogama in Minocqua.And does it matter,does the weather need to be that precise.Thank you.Remember i'm just begining.So if i missed a weather related question please add it.Thank you all for the many lessons you have already taught me just by reading this forum.
Lunker1952
VMS Unlogged
Posted 4/20/2007 8:34 PM (#251895 - in reply to #251869)
Subject: RE: weather

I would say anything goes here for me. This past year, though, we had really high temps in the water, a lack of precip and low water conditions. I could move fish here and there, but they were reluctant to bite, and those that did seemed more to nip than really hit hard. The best days I found were when conditions had been really steady for a while (like a week or two) and then a front would move in. That 2 hour time block before the storm blew in were fast and furious. Multiple fish evenings were common when this condition was happening.

My views are changing on this somewhat, and no matter what situation you have, these fish have to eat. so...As the conditions change, so do my tactics. cold front=slow down and pick apart the structure. Changing conditions=faster moving run and gun... Once a fish or two is moved, you have a clue and you work with that.

If I had my choice, the pre-frontal conditions would be ideal. Sunny with the nice major front showing itself on the horizon and getting close fast.

Steve