Two nice fish on a freezing day on the water
pgaschulz
Posted 4/15/2007 8:02 PM (#250891)
Subject: Two nice fish on a freezing day on the water

Just got back from fishing a couple of days on Webster. Had a blast and a great story to go a long with it. We started on Thursday in the cold and rain and sleet and snow. We took a break to warm up after only seeing two fish all morning. Got back out at 2pm and my fishing partner Kyle got a 32 right off the bat. We fished one of my favorite spring holes in Webster. I went take a picture and my camera did not work. This was Kyles Second musky of his life. So we let the fish go (of course) and talked for a minute and I said, we have to go and buy a camera incase we get a big fish. Boy am I glad we did! Ran around for a bit found a camera at Staples in Warsaw.

Got back on the water at 5pm, then WHAM Kyle popped a 45- 46 inch fat musky, I mean this thing was a hog. He fought it like a pro, we get it in the net and I told Kyle to get a hold of the fish so we could take a picture. He saw the teeth on this fish and said NO WAY Bob, what a chicken a fish of a life time and he was afraid to hold it. So I lifted this pig up and it seemed to neverend, and boy was it FAT. She was loaded with eggs, so we put her back in the water and off she went. Man were we pumped. Now it is sleeting and snowing and the temp is about 32 degree's.

I moved us back over the hole and we started fishing again. The cold did not seem to bother us as much since we just boated a very nice fish. We stayed about and pounded the hole for about and hour we had some very nice follows in that hour lower to mid 40 inch fish. THEN WHAM, I had one slam my bait. This fish head shook and shook and out of the water he came. I yelled to Kyle to get the net, and when he got next to the boat Kyle netted him like a pro. I thought the fish was over 50 inches at first since I could not see the lure. Then I looked down at the fish and saw he just inhaled it. After cutting the hooks out of this fish I picked him up and saw this fish was close to Kyle just not as fat. 45- 46 inches, just like Kyles. SON, I screamed as I put the fish back into the net to get it ready to take a quick picture. After the 2 quick photo's off he went. What a night on the water, we fished till dark and called it a day. Only boat on the water all day. 3 fish boated and two pigs! The 45-46 inch range is because I just did a quick measurement on both fish not tail pinch but both fish were over 45 inch mark no doubt since both tails laid past the mark. Who care a great couple of hours of fishing. Slammer it was great meeting you in person, we will hook up soon.

Total for the trip was 5 fish boated 30,32,33,46,46 and 28 follows. And yes I am giving the fish a kiss...

PS Both fish caught on Stealth Leaders, first time using them!!!! Must be the leader!

pgaschulz

Edited by pgaschulz 4/15/2007 9:11 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Musky First Fish 1.bmp)

(musky first fish 2.bmp)

(muskyfirst3.bmp)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Musky First Fish 1.bmp (270KB - 52 downloads)
Attachments musky first fish 2.bmp (270KB - 46 downloads)
Attachments muskyfirst3.bmp (270KB - 41 downloads)
sworrall
Posted 4/15/2007 8:39 PM (#250899 - in reply to #250891)
Subject: RE: Two nice fish on a freezing day on the water

Great story and nice fish, sir. Make sure you enter the big girl in the LAX Reproductions Contest!
Medford Fisher
Posted 4/15/2007 8:48 PM (#250901 - in reply to #250891)
Subject: Re: Two nice fish on a freezing day on the water

Beautiful fish!!! Glad to hear you had a lot of success down there. Thanks for sharing the story...to me that's the best part about seeing fish that someone caught, the story behind it.
-Jake
Magruter
Posted 4/16/2007 7:27 AM (#250943 - in reply to #250891)
Subject: Re: Two nice fish on a freezing day on the water

Nice story, thanks for getting me even more pumped up!!