Fenwick Sob Story

Posted 3/19/2002 5:28 PM (#5712)
Subject: Fenwick Sob Story


I sent my favorite rod, a Fenwick HMG back to the factory. After 4 years of regular use, the ring that holds the reel in place somehow became loose and stripped. My reel actually popped off one day when I set the hook hard(on a sunken log). I tried to make do with teflon tape and super glue (sponge, I know you approve) but it didn't work, never was able to seat the reel tight again. I used pliers and soft leather to unscrew the ring.[:blackeye:] Two weeks ago I sent it in to Fenwick with my sob story.

Waddya think? Will they replace it? If not, I might still get another, I really liked that rod.

Posted 3/19/2002 6:05 PM (#26769)
Subject: Fenwick Sob Story


By Gumby they should....too many places to get a good item these days + word of mouth is the best advertisement there is! And YES I approve of the patch job...practically everything I own is put or held together w/ Duct tape, super glue or some type of noxious poisonous epoxy![:(] [:sun:]

Posted 3/19/2002 11:24 PM (#26770)
Subject: Fenwick Sob Story


A little JB Weld would have sealed that reel on there but good. [:bigsmile:] Of course reel service might be a problem...

Posted 3/25/2002 4:39 PM (#26771)
Subject: Fenwick Sob Story


I received my brand new replacement rod from Fenwick today!! Yipeee!

Posted 3/26/2002 3:11 PM (#26772)
Subject: Fenwick Sob Story


You know, it does appear to be just the same reel seat. But the rod is different - this one is a HMG "Armid Veil Design" GAVT70HF 1-4oz, 15-30lb. The guides are different and there's no carbolloy(?) tip like on the last. Plus, it feels real different; the new rod is heavier and the center of gravity seems further toward the rod tip. It feels, well, sluggish, compared to the old one. But, I'm thankful to get it and am looking forward to trying it out just as soon as the 14" of ice melts on the local waters.