Fishing in Amsterdam??
Chibigboy
Posted 3/28/2007 12:54 PM (#247656)
Subject: Fishing in Amsterdam??

does anyone know about fishing in or around Amsterdam. I am going for a little over a week and want to get some fishing in. I heard there are huge fish there.
jclymer
Posted 3/28/2007 4:19 PM (#247703 - in reply to #247656)
Subject: RE: Fishing in Amsterdam??

Esox Angler has written a couple articles on European pike fishing.. They generally include some contact names.. There is a well known pike fisherman, I believe his last name is Eggers, if you email him he will respond with good information.. Not sure on the email, but i am sure someone on this site can give it to you...
chico
Posted 3/28/2007 5:50 PM (#247723 - in reply to #247656)
Subject: Re: Fishing in Amsterdam??

When are you going, closed season at the moment.
Dlowe
Posted 3/29/2007 10:35 AM (#247848 - in reply to #247656)
Subject: RE: Fishing in Amsterdam??

Here is Jan Egger's email address: [email protected]

He is a good guy and will be up to guiding you on his local waters. I was suppose to hook up with him in late January but we had to cancel due to the canals freezing over (they only froze for a few days this year but those were the days I was there to fish!)

Chibigboy
Posted 3/29/2007 3:01 PM (#247896 - in reply to #247656)

Not going until June. When I tried to find info on it; I came up a little short. When does the season open?? Thanks for the email address, I will try and get a hold of Jan Eggers. That was exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully it works out for me.
sinned
Posted 4/11/2007 3:46 PM (#250208 - in reply to #247656)

I live very near to Amsterdam. There is nice predator fishing around. There are also a few lakes where you can catch pike, musky style. Just use a baitcaster and throw some jerkbaits ore so. If you want to go fishing in a nice ''polder'' dont go to parc ''vlietlanden'' where Jan eggers is at because it is very bussy al year round. It's very commercial so a lot of tourists will join you and I think thats not quite what you want. maybe you can try the polders above Amsterdam. Or the polders next to Gouda. But if you just drive to a small village you will find some water over there. It can be very productive.

Any questions? you can mail me at: [email protected]

Mvg

Dennis