ANNUAL MUSKIE LURE WORKSHOP TEACHES THE BASICS PLUS ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
BLS
Posted 2/17/2007 7:01 PM (#239604)
Subject: ANNUAL MUSKIE LURE WORKSHOP TEACHES THE BASICS PLUS ADVANCED TECHNIQUES

Muskie anglers, new and experienced, often find themselves at wits end with the dizzying arsenal of baits to choose from. The smart Muskie Hunter will choose his baits wisely, and learn how to use each effectively.

On Wednesday, March 7th, The Nebraska Chapter of Muskies, Inc. will hold it's first Annual Pool Demo & Pizza Night, offering instruction on both classic baits and the latest "must have" lures. The event, which is open to the public, will be held on Wednesday, March 7th, at the Days Inn Hotel in Bellevue, NE from 6:30-8:00pm. Your $10 donation, which includes all-you-can-eat pizza, pop and salad, will be used the Chapter's Youth and Fisheries projects. Door prizes will be awarded, including a custom-painted Amma Bamma jerkbait, valued at $40.00, an autographed copy of Dick Pearson’s Muskies on the Shield book, and several other great prizes. Anglers will be afforded the opportunity to see lures being used up-close, in the crystal-clear waters of the swimming pool. This annual event is perfect for new Musky anglers as well as veterans.

Manufacturers represented will be: ERC, Suick, Bobbie Baits, Drifter Tackle, Ace, Bucher, DeLong, Mojo, TrueGlide, Hughes River, Rad Dog spinnerbaits, and Musky Innovations. A short list of lures demonstrated includes the BullDawg, HR Shaker, Suick, Bobbie Bait, Grandma, Believer, Tek-Neek, Wabull, Amma Bamma, Sledge, and the newest "must-have bait", the Crazy Crank "Rumber", plus many more. All basic styles of lures will be demonstrated including crankbaits, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, bucktails, plastics, topwaters and jigs.

The Emcee for the evening will be Board Member Jamie Schmidt. Jamie is a veteran Muskie Hunter, as well as an accomplished outdoor writer & photographer. Instructors will include Chris Sell and Ryan Anderson. Chris has been catching Muskies for 12 years and manages the Fishing Dept. at Scheels All Sports in Omaha. Ryan, also an accomplished Muskie Hunter, has spent the last 4 summers on Lake of the Woods fishing & working, and also did some of the filming for Dick Pearson's "Muskies on the Shield" video.

This workshop is sponsored by Muskies, Inc. Chapter 53, the "Huskerland Muskie Hunters".

For more information on the event, please call Brian Sanger at 308-660-0747 or visit their website at www.mi53.org/

###

muskynightmare
Posted 2/17/2007 11:38 PM (#239641 - in reply to #239604)
Subject: Re: ANNUAL MUSKIE LURE WORKSHOP TEACHES THE BASICS PLUS ADVANCED TECHNIQUES

Sounds like a great time! Next year, if you can put me up (or put up with me, lol), I can do a bait mod clinic based on my articles.
I'm sorry it is not closer to WI.

Edited by muskynightmare 2/17/2007 11:39 PM