Leader making and weight-forward spinner blanks
Lusox
Posted 2/7/2007 5:38 PM (#237048)
Subject: Leader making and weight-forward spinner blanks

I'm new at this and want to start by making my own leaders and some Musky straight line spinners. I have a couple of questions for those with much more experience:

Has anyone used the Twist-Weld leader wire and what do you think of it? I'm now making single strand leaders and that's a bunny, but also want to do stranded.

I've long favored the Mepps Lusox style Musky spinners (sizes #4 and #5) and have managed to get some original Lusox blades but need some weight forward blanks (want to try some ideas before I buy or make a mold for them). Does anyone sell the actual W.F. bodies or do you have to buy the mold from Do-It?

Thanks in advance,

Daffy
Bayboo_baits
Posted 2/7/2007 11:05 PM (#237123 - in reply to #237048)
Subject: RE: Leader making and weight-forward spinner blanks

Hey stay away from that twist weld crap i tried it and it breaks. Use wire 0.41 to 0.63 stamina has pre tied wire for cheap just look where do you live i can hepl you get the stuff you kneed ok bud just p/m me ok

I like this place

Jimbo/Bayboobaits
KEITH ELDRUP
Posted 2/8/2007 7:31 AM (#237155 - in reply to #237048)

I once made a bait called a Spinnow. it was a weight forward bucktail that i eventualy used silacone skirts on. it realy wasent a good enough seller to keep producing . this was the begining of the Llungen-Tale. anyway i have a few heads already made on wire i could send to you. send me your address
Keith
[email protected]
Lusox
Posted 2/9/2007 10:04 AM (#237731 - in reply to #237155)

Keith, thanks for the offer. A few heads would be great. I have some #4 Lusox blades (including some that are 2 pc. and can be fanned open or left n the original shape or anywhere in between) and want to try some in single/double configs for a different "look".
I'll be happy to send you a check to cover postage and let you know how my efforts turn out. Sending a pm with my address.

Daffy