Anyone from the Cincinnati Ohio area?
Wisconsin Wade
Posted 1/20/2007 6:41 PM (#233382)
Subject: Anyone from the Cincinnati Ohio area?

We are re-locating to Cincinnati Ohio from Green Bay, WI. My wife has been in and around Cincinnati house hunting for the last 4 days. Here is the thing, she and the Realtor cannot find any houses with a 3 stall garage deeper than 20', they have looked at new construction, houses less than 10 yrs. old, etc.. If you're from the area is this standard size? If it is, what do people do for boat storage. Storage Units? That has to be pricey in that area. Just looking for some thoughts from those in the area. Thanks. WI Wade
mikie
Posted 1/21/2007 7:00 AM (#233438 - in reply to #233382)
Subject: RE: Anyone from the Cincinnati Ohio area?

I'm over in Athens, give me a shout when you want some fishing spots.

You might also try northern Kentucky and the area around Hamilton and Fairfield, Ohio; I think you can get to the Cincy Enquirer on-line for house ads. I have a yellow pages that's a couple years old, but if it would help you find storage give me a PM . m
cincinnati
Posted 1/21/2007 7:42 AM (#233442 - in reply to #233382)

My boat stays on a concrete pad poured along my garage. This is very common. A friend built a detached garage just for his boat & other toys - also common if you have the lot size. Some of the very new houses near me have 3 stalls, the 3rd being high enough for a motor home. Can't specifically address length. Not certain that this is widespread.

Can't speak for your realtor, of course, but what type of area (newer, older, suburban, rural, etc..) are you searching? How near your job(s) do yo want to be? Schools important?

Lived here for 52 years. Happy to help & of course we can discuss the limited musky fishing around here, too.

Steve Petree
West Chester, OH

Edited by cincinnati 1/21/2007 7:47 AM
bucktale
Posted 1/21/2007 8:13 AM (#233443 - in reply to #233382)

Welcome to the area , I am about 60 mile north of Cincy so I cant help much on housing . How ever I could offer short time storage if neseccary until you get setteled in. You can contact me by email at [email protected] . If I may also add we have started a new club called Southwest Muskie Association we are currently supporting MI and the EMA . Tom Dietz is our president and we are meeting at the Gander Mountain in Huber Heights , you are welcome to attend . The club is in the infancy stage but hope to grow . See ya on the water . John B .
jazon
Posted 1/21/2007 9:18 AM (#233450 - in reply to #233443)

Wade we are going to miss you at the Titletown meetings. Wade has been our secretary from the start of Titletown and has been a great help in getting our chapter started. We wish you good luck in the future and make sure you come back from time to time. Wade hold out for that perfect garage. A man can never have a garage that is to big. Good Luck Jay
Tom Dietz
Posted 2/12/2007 6:38 PM (#238363 - in reply to #233382)

Welcome to the area! I am a Wisconsin native myself, having lived there for 37 years (most recently in Eagle River while running Bucher Tackle and working at Guide's Choice Pro Shop). I am the Store Manager of the new Gander Mountain store here in Huber Heights, near Dayton. We have a brand new Muskies Inc. Chapter here as was mentioned above, and we would love to have you join us for a meeting sometime. I haven't lost my loyalty to the Packers/Badgers, and I went to the Bengals/Packers game in 2005 down here. Look forward to meeting you!!
Shep
Posted 2/13/2007 8:25 AM (#238464 - in reply to #238363)

I couldn't get Wade to move farther away. He'll still be my tourney pard for the MI Green Bay tourney this fall! Shucks! hehehe Wade, I agree. Hold out for either a big garage, or a lot big enough to build one! I'm getting quotes to extend the boats stall back already. You can never have enough garage!

If you're not at the meeting tonight, I'll see you at the Fox River Classic.
ManitouDan
Posted 2/13/2007 12:46 PM (#238535 - in reply to #233382)

I'm 2 hrs east in Portsmouth Oh ---always fishing , except like for now when the local creeks are froze over. I'm looking to learn more about the ohio lakes , esp Ceasar Creek. I'm an hour 15 min from the cave but only fish it spring/fall --I like Clearfork . MD
Shep
Posted 2/13/2007 1:22 PM (#238544 - in reply to #238535)

Seriously, you Ohio guys are getting a pretty cool dude in Wade. If you need a secretary for the new MI chapter, I highly recommend Wade. He takes pretty good dictation, wears tight fitting skirts, and likes fishnet stockings. He even makes a good cup of coffee. We're going to miss him in Green Bay, AKA Titletown, USA.

If Wade asks you to go with on a walleye trip to Lake Erie, jump all over it. He's a fun guy to have in the boat. He can't fish worth a hoot, but that doesn't matter. Mikie, you gotta get Wade out on the Cave in that Gambler!
mikie
Posted 2/13/2007 1:33 PM (#238546 - in reply to #233382)

can he handle it? Some can't.

Be glad to, let's get him settled first. Cincy's a cool town. With your recommendation, Shep, he's welcome.

You still coming down? m
Marc_Grattan
Posted 2/13/2007 5:45 PM (#238610 - in reply to #233382)

HI Wade, I can't help you to much about the house, but the Kentuicky chapter of MI is 2 miles across the river from Cincy. We have alot of interesting folks there that can talk muskies and help you out in the cincy area.
Wisconsin Wade
Posted 2/13/2007 6:01 PM (#238611 - in reply to #233382)

Gentleman('cept Shep), I appreciate all the warm welcomes. Looks as though I will be looking for outside storage for my boat. I thought about downsizing the boat for one fleeting moment but that left as fast as it came. Only upsizing would get any consideration. Currently it looks like a late March early April move. I will definately check out the clubs and contact some you to fish with in the future. Thanks. Wade
cincinnati
Posted 2/13/2007 8:34 PM (#238638 - in reply to #233382)

Welcome Wade! Wisconsin's loss is Ohio's gain.

Which neighborhood will be improved by the presence of your boat?

Steve Petree
West Chester, OH (& Vilas Co wannabe)