Lowrance or Hummingbird or ?
ESfishOX
Posted 12/3/2006 8:05 PM (#223489)
Subject: Lowrance or Hummingbird or ?

How do the Hummingbird offerings compare to Lowrance/Eagle? It appears that the Hummingbird is the only other GPS/locator that has as big or bigger screen, and the Hummingbird built-in demo I saw at Gander Mtn seemed to outline a bigger picture of the bottom. I'll probably stay with Lowrance on my boat upgrades, but I still wonder what other manufactures have good products and why folks use them. When do the manufactures announce their upcoming models?
jclymer
Posted 12/9/2006 4:42 PM (#224657 - in reply to #223489)
Subject: RE: Lowrance or Hummingbird or ?

I have a Humminbird 937C on my dash and a Lowrance GPS and Depthfinder on my bow. I think the Lowrance is nice, but the Humminbird is awsome.. I believe it is more user friendly and VERY reliable.. My lowrance will lose postion on my GPS, yet the Humminbird never will lose position. I also believe the 937C is much more accurate at finding fish and baitfish... Just my opinion, the Humminbird 900 series are the best in the market..
danny
Posted 1/14/2007 7:30 AM (#232090 - in reply to #223489)
Subject: RE: Lowrance or Hummingbird or ?

the electronics I prefer run in two categories under a 1000 and over. For the under I prefer Lowrance and Garmin. On the high side I would choose a 900 series Humminbird. The 900 series would be my overall choice, 947's and 987's look absolutely awesome. Team this up with a Motorguide PTSv Trolling motor, some FigRigs or Professional Edge Rods, some Shimanos and Fish On!!!