Happy Veteran's day!
muskynightmare
Posted 11/11/2006 8:23 AM (#220344)
Subject: Happy Veteran's day!

Thanx to all that have served, sacrificed, and are still serving to protect our way of life.
You can't musky fish in France, bubba!
sorenson
Posted 11/11/2006 8:35 AM (#220346 - in reply to #220344)
Subject: RE: Happy Veteran's day!

Thanks vets. We owe our lifestyle to you and you alone.
Sorno
TForcier
Posted 11/11/2006 8:36 AM (#220347 - in reply to #220344)

Yes, I’d like to take this time and “thank” all you veterans. My family and I are very grateful for the freedom you have given us. You have not been forgotten.
MuskyTime
Posted 11/11/2006 9:13 AM (#220352 - in reply to #220344)

Amen!

The cost of freedom comes at a high price. Thank God we had and have men and woman willing to make that sacrifice. I know when I was in the Air Force it was hard being away from family, especially during the holidays. If you know of members serving, take the time to let them know how much they are appreciated. It really means the world to them!

I wish every person in this country had to serve a minimum of 2 years in service, people would have so much more gratitude for the freedoms they have.

Thanks to all the men and women serving this great country, you are not forgotten and greatly appreciated!!!

Ed
rpieske
Posted 11/11/2006 10:13 AM (#220368 - in reply to #220344)

Hey Muskietime:

You hit a nerve with me about the required service. The elimination of the draft and an all volunteer service makes it too easy for politicians and the public to commit troops. (Oh well...they volunteered for the military.) When everyone, who is physically and mentally able, is required to perform two years of service, it means that the military is a cross-section of the population as whole. It's everyone's son, daughter, father, brother/sister, etc. who are involved.

I wish the draft were reinstated. It would sober up the decisions made by all involved. This isn't to be construed as a criticism of any one political party. It is an opinion on keeping our military and the citizens on the same page.

Anyway....Happy Veteran's Day. I hope the demographics of the veterans changes.

Pointerpride102
Posted 11/11/2006 12:24 PM (#220380 - in reply to #220344)

Thanks to all who have served and are serving! Freedom doesnt come free!

Mike
tuffy1
Posted 11/11/2006 4:42 PM (#220426 - in reply to #220344)

Thank you all for sure. My dad, my uncles, and my grandpas all did their time, and I can't imagine what they, and all of you vets have gone through. Thank you all!!!!! I remembered to call my pops today and say thanks. You are some brave men. (I would say dudes, but you're all much more than that.)