pomme de terre lake musky tour. results
missourimuskyhunter
Posted 10/9/2006 12:38 PM (#213527)
Subject: pomme de terre lake musky tour. results

just wanted to let everyone know that our two and a half day tournament went well down here!!! friday being the best ever!!! 39 boats with 33 fish boated!!! one team boated six fish to win friday's event!! saturday had about 60 teams with eighteen boated,one team with four fish!! sunday with only 9 fish boated for the half day!! only four teams went without a fish landed (including me) when i had two follows and a low forty on when she decided to rocket out of the water to wing my bait back at me!!! that was the all done and seen in ten minutes of my luck on the lake this weekend!!! congrats to the winners and see you next year!!!
fish4musky1
Posted 10/9/2006 1:43 PM (#213542 - in reply to #213527)
Subject: RE: pomme de terre lake musky tour. results

its cool to see good muskie fishing down there too.
C.Painter
Posted 10/9/2006 1:54 PM (#213544 - in reply to #213527)

what were the sizes of the fish?? Just curious. Heard the fish down there are burning out early so not a lot of fish over 40 inches...not sure if that is true.

But sounds like there are at least some decent numbers!

Congrats on the high number of fish caught.

Cory
missourimuskyhunter
Posted 10/9/2006 2:12 PM (#213547 - in reply to #213527)

that is true on our burning out of fish. big fish of the tourn. i believe was just a 42 or 43!!! i have not heard of a fish out of pomme being larger than a 49 that was caught a LONG time ago!! lots of small fish here,but big ones dont come here very often!!! there life span here is very short for some reason!! we have a 900 acre lake just an hour from pomme that has produced a 49 and has only been stocked since 96,so you do the math!!! pomme started stocking in the 60's and hasnt produced big fish??!!!
Larry J
Posted 10/9/2006 9:12 PM (#213646 - in reply to #213527)

Momusky....are you talking about Fellows Lake? The motor restriction will keep me off the lake....
Larry J
Posted 10/9/2006 9:18 PM (#213648 - in reply to #213527)

I'm not trying to stir up any trouble, but I saw a boat handle a nice musky very poorly. For one thing, it was out of the water on the deck of the boat way too long, like 5 minutes. They then hung it with a boga grip to weigh and take a picture. The fish then went back on the deck for more pictures, then was flopped in the water and worked for less than a minute. I waited around for awhile, after they left, to see if the fish came up and needed more help. Never saw it, so I hope it made it.

IMO....you're not going to have big fish if guys continue to treat them so carelessly....
sworrall
Posted 10/9/2006 9:41 PM (#213656 - in reply to #213648)

OK, we got it, someone needs a bit of help with CPR technique. I'm betting that wasn't the norm during the tournament, am I right?
missourimuskyhunter
Posted 10/10/2006 11:35 AM (#213739 - in reply to #213646)

yes the max outboard is 40hp,but alot of guys buy cheap little v bottoms with trolling motors to use on the lake or sell there big boat (like i did) and buy something to use there and everywhere!!! my 16.5ft lund rebel does awesome on the other lakes and still gets me on fellows!!!
missourimuskyhunter
Posted 10/10/2006 11:44 AM (#213741 - in reply to #213527)

and im not for sure "who" treated the fish in that manner!! i cant see one of the tournament guys doing it,but some of the these guys would be too excited(no names to speak of) and probably never caught one before in a tournament and got "fever" is all i can say!!! and "some " of the bass fisherman down here get ticked off when they hook one and pretty much want to kill the fish!! theres been more than one time that i pulled up to spot and a musky laying belly up from "bass" people,but i was able to revive the fish and take off!!! (kinda makes you feel good inside,if you get my drift!!)
Posted 10/16/2006 6:30 AM (#214915 - in reply to #213527)

That is alotr of fish caught