Weekend Reports?
sworrall
Posted 9/24/2006 9:09 PM (#210672)
Subject: Weekend Reports?

How'd the Muskies treat you this weekend? We had a ton of action, but put only three in the Frabill. Most of the fish we moved were in less than 3' of water. Violent Strike Willow Mags caught two, a Top Raider the third. TJ had a couple big fish try to climb in the Alumacraft, and I had a REALLY nice fish blow out of the water on a Weagle. I intend to get that fish before ice up...I lost a nice fish at the boat today too.

I had a great time fishing with Magruter, Mark, and TJ. Dinner was supreme and breakfast Saturday great, thanks to Sue. Mark, that whiskey is GOOD stuff, thanks. Magruter, thanks for everything, especially your genorosity to the auction and some good conversation in the boat. You both are welcome at the Hideout anytime, and I'll see you at the Outing this Fall.

How'd the muskies treat you Saturday and Sunday?
BNelson
Posted 9/25/2006 1:53 PM (#210762 - in reply to #210672)
Subject: RE: Weekend Reports?

did quite a bit of hopping around up north..friday nite hopped in with CPainter near hazelhurst for 2 hours, I moved one 43"ish, 2 x on a real fish magnum sucker...
Saturday hopped in with the Steve Ruhmann from the Flatlanders club who was up near our family cabin...he boated 2 at 34 and 40 and I whiffed on a 43 ..all on meat..moved quite a few other fish in the 37-42 range on mag dawgs but no eaters
Sunday hopped back in w/ CPainter and we moved 4, he had a 40 get sort of interested in a granny, i moved a 43, 46 and the same 48 or so 2 x but all pretty lazy...go figure...blue bird skies and strong north wind....
had the 46 up behind my sucker but wouldn't eat it...the fall colors up there are kicking in...very nice to be up there this time of year...not many boats on the lakes!

Edited by MSKY HNR 9/25/2006 1:56 PM
sworrall
Posted 9/25/2006 2:07 PM (#210763 - in reply to #210762)
Subject: RE: Weekend Reports?

Agreed, we had Moen totally to ourselves. Pelican was busy, but mostly duck hunters.