Man, I love those calls!!
BALDY
Posted 9/16/2006 7:53 PM (#209543)
Subject: Man, I love those calls!!

Just got off the phone with a very excited Lambeau.

Muskie Mojo's newest pro staffer just released a 53.5" MN PIG!! Caught on a Double X with a little Lambeau added flare.

Congratulations Mike!

Cant wait to see a picture of that FAT GIRL.
GOTONE
Posted 9/16/2006 7:58 PM (#209545 - in reply to #209543)
Subject: RE: Man, I love those calls!!

Awesome!!!! Congrats Mike, well deserved.

GotOne
sorenson
Posted 9/16/2006 8:15 PM (#209547 - in reply to #209543)

Fantastic; can't wait to see some pics.
Congrats buddy.
Sorno
TJ DeVoe
Posted 9/16/2006 8:22 PM (#209548 - in reply to #209543)

Congrats Lambeau! Way too go. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
MuskyHopeful
Posted 9/16/2006 8:28 PM (#209550 - in reply to #209543)

Way to get that Mojo working, Lambeau!

Kevin

PackerHopeful

Edited by MuskyHopeful 9/16/2006 8:28 PM
river runt
Posted 9/16/2006 8:55 PM (#209553 - in reply to #209543)

It was a great call indeed! I could tell he was still shaking while talking on the phone a few minutes ago, a few Leines will be had tonite, I am drinking a Miller in his honor.
Well deserved Mike, it must be the Tuffy and your addition to Team MOJO.. Hats of to the best week your life and heck you still have a week to fish, given the roll your on you'll probably nail another.

Edited by river runt 9/16/2006 8:57 PM
marine_1
Posted 9/16/2006 9:39 PM (#209561 - in reply to #209543)

Congrats Lambeau!!
guts
Posted 9/16/2006 10:59 PM (#209567 - in reply to #209543)

cool thats a monster of a fish
esox50
Posted 9/16/2006 11:34 PM (#209574 - in reply to #209543)

The Big Man's looking out for you! Baby + giant muskie, does it get any better? Congrats X2!!!
jonnysled
Posted 9/17/2006 4:57 AM (#209580 - in reply to #209543)

i'll have a drink and celebrate for you over here in shanghai mike ... couldn't happen for a better guy!!! congratulations on everything you've got going on ...
tuffy1
Posted 9/17/2006 6:51 AM (#209587 - in reply to #209543)

Atta boy Mike!!!! Very, very cool. Couldn't come to a better guy. Congrats on both your accomplishments. (I think that's the right word)
bn
Posted 9/17/2006 6:53 AM (#209588 - in reply to #209543)

congrats on both accounts Mike...got to talk to Lambeau last nite and he was still in disbelief....about the fish! he knows what a "big heavy" feels like now!

get some more!
ESOX Maniac
Posted 9/17/2006 10:50 AM (#209600 - in reply to #209553)

Mike- Congrat's on a very nice fish and also on your future family addition (He/she will probably have gills) . I hope the camera issues work out for you. May the muskie God's keep smilling on you. Now the Tuffy has some serious slime Mojo!

Have fun!
Al

Edited by ESOX Maniac 9/17/2006 10:54 AM
ghoti
Posted 9/17/2006 11:23 AM (#209605 - in reply to #209543)

Way to start out the vacation- and congrats to you and your wife.
Pointerpride102
Posted 9/17/2006 12:44 PM (#209615 - in reply to #209543)

Congrats on all accounts Mike! That is fantastic!

Mike Bolinski
theedz155
Posted 9/17/2006 2:58 PM (#209633 - in reply to #209543)

Way to go Mike, on both accounts.

Scott
maximus
Posted 9/17/2006 4:16 PM (#209642 - in reply to #209543)

Mike, kudos two times!

steve
lambeau
Posted 9/17/2006 10:02 PM (#209698 - in reply to #209543)

Can't wait to see a picture of that FAT GIRL.

well...i've gone from the highest highs last night, to the lowest lows today.
my worries became reality this morning, and i feel like i got punched in the gut.

saturday morning i forgot my digital camera at the house, 35 miles away from the lake. so we bought a disposable in case we caught something. i actually said to myself as we were launching, "i'll probably catch a huge fish today since i don't have my good camera along." karma can be a bitter pill sometimes.

we'd used the camera earlier when it was still light out to take a couple pics of a smaller muskie for matchfishing purposes. i was surprised at the time that the flash didn't go off since it was pretty overcast outside.

that night after netting and measuring the big fish it was time for pictures. my father-in-law starts clicking away with the disposable but the flash wouldn't work. so we shined every light we had (two headlamps and a flashlight) on me holding the fish and took a bunch more pictures. we briefly considered putting her in the livewell and driving the boat to the landing with the streetlamps, but i couldn't bring myself to risk the fish's well-being for my ego, so we released her and hoped the pictures we had would somehow be good enough.

this morning, when i picked them up from the photo place, the clerk just shook her head "no".
none of them turned out; just a bunch of blank blackness. actually, one has a small smudge of light in one corner.

how can one experience be so amazingly wonderful, and so numbingly awful at the same time???

when i got back to the house with the bad news, the first thing i read is Sorno's post about fishing with his son and not being able to get any pictures of Nik's fish:
"It's just about the fun anyway, Dad." He says that he had a ton of fun fighting it and he was just going to let it go again. So we ended up with what we decided was 1 1/2 fish, no pictures, but more importantly, a great time.

then i check my email, and i've got a couple messages from Juris at Muskies Inc; he's using three of my pictures in the 2007 calendar. how's that for irony?

dang that karma thing anyway.
so what do you do? my only answer is to put the digital camera in the boat and head back out to the lake.

i've heard the doubters and internet fishermen comment in the past: "no pics, no fish."
sorry guys, no pics. but closed circuit to Nik: i had a great time.
muskihntr
Posted 9/17/2006 10:06 PM (#209699 - in reply to #209543)

mike sorry to hear about the pics...hope you got the negatives still ....try taking them to a professional photo shop to see if they can do anything for you??? longshot but ya never know!!!! i wouldnt worry yourself about what other people think..you know what you caught and thats really all that matters!

Edited by muskihntr 9/17/2006 10:10 PM
pete_k
Posted 9/17/2006 11:50 PM (#209706 - in reply to #209543)

That fish lives in your dreams best camera ever made. Congratulations all around.
Donnie3737
Posted 9/18/2006 6:33 AM (#209713 - in reply to #209543)

Lambeau,

There is a bigger one with your name on it....it'll happen! Now, for a suggestion....buy a 35 mm in addition to your digital...don't let it ever leave your boat, except when it is really cold. When it is cold, keep it in a waterproof boatbag, that goes in the cabin and out....EVERY DAY!

I am truly sorry to hear your anguish...not near as bad as I thought. I thought something had happened to the baby....glad all is well with the little one!!

Donnie
BALDY
Posted 9/18/2006 7:27 AM (#209721 - in reply to #209698)

lambeau - 9/17/2006 10:02 PM

Can't wait to see a picture of that FAT GIRL.

well...i've gone from the highest highs last night, to the lowest lows today.
my worries became reality this morning, and i feel like i got punched in the gut.

saturday morning i forgot my digital camera at the house, 35 miles away from the lake. so we bought a disposable in case we caught something. i actually said to myself as we were launching, "i'll probably catch a huge fish today since i don't have my good camera along." karma can be a bitter pill sometimes.

we'd used the camera earlier when it was still light out to take a couple pics of a smaller muskie for matchfishing purposes. i was surprised at the time that the flash didn't go off since it was pretty overcast outside.

that night after netting and measuring the big fish it was time for pictures. my father-in-law starts clicking away with the disposable but the flash wouldn't work. so we shined every light we had (two headlamps and a flashlight) on me holding the fish and took a bunch more pictures. we briefly considered putting her in the livewell and driving the boat to the landing with the streetlamps, but i couldn't bring myself to risk the fish's well-being for my ego, so we released her and hoped the pictures we had would somehow be good enough.

this morning, when i picked them up from the photo place, the clerk just shook her head "no".
none of them turned out; just a bunch of blank blackness. actually, one has a small smudge of light in one corner.

how can one experience be so amazingly wonderful, and so numbingly awful at the same time???

when i got back to the house with the bad news, the first thing i read is Sorno's post about fishing with his son and not being able to get any pictures of Nik's fish:
"It's just about the fun anyway, Dad." He says that he had a ton of fun fighting it and he was just going to let it go again. So we ended up with what we decided was 1 1/2 fish, no pictures, but more importantly, a great time.

then i check my email, and i've got a couple messages from Juris at Muskies Inc; he's using three of my pictures in the 2007 calendar. how's that for irony?

dang that karma thing anyway.
so what do you do? my only answer is to put the digital camera in the boat and head back out to the lake.

i've heard the doubters and internet fishermen comment in the past: "no pics, no fish."
sorry guys, no pics. but closed circuit to Nik: i had a great time.

brutal. but hey, you got to catch her, you got to hold her, and you got to watch her swim off. That's what really matters.

Wish I could have seen the picture, mostly because I would have loved to see the smile on a friend's face (I know it was a BIG one).

You got most of a week left to get another one!
Troyz.
Posted 9/18/2006 7:39 AM (#209722 - in reply to #209543)

Lambeau,

The highs and lows of musky fishing, congrats on the big girl. You know you caugth the girl, no fish no pics who cares. Lately I have forgot camera several time, but the phone has a good camera as back up plan.

Troyz
MuskyHopeful
Posted 9/18/2006 8:06 AM (#209725 - in reply to #209543)

That hurts a little bit, Mike, I'm sure, but it not the end of the end of the world. You know what it felt like to hold that lady in your arms after the dance.

One suggestion, however, do not forget cameras or anything else you need when the baby is born. Those are moments that will make you forget all about big muskies. Some of which need to be captured. Congrats to you and your wife.

Kevin

Not so PackerHopeful
greenduck
Posted 9/18/2006 8:09 AM (#209726 - in reply to #209543)

Sorry to hear about your camera malfunction. I had the very same thing happen to me in June. I forgot my digital camera at home and then caught my first legal of the season. I had a disposable camera in the boat and took some pictures with it. When I went to pick them up the photo tech guy stated that nothing turned out. He stated the disposable cameras are really bad in heat. Any kind of exposure to extreme temperature will fry the film. The news about your new baby coming is better anyways. You'll will run into other big fish.
MikeHulbert
Posted 9/18/2006 8:12 AM (#209729 - in reply to #209543)

Good job on the fish, sorry to hear about the camera.

I never take the camera out of the boat, EVER.

It always stays in the boat.
C.Painter
Posted 9/18/2006 8:12 AM (#209730 - in reply to #209543)

Way to put in your time and stick a fattie!

Congrats on the family growing....

Stick her again and make her pose...WITH a flash!

Cory
Bytor
Posted 9/18/2006 8:40 AM (#209732 - in reply to #209543)

Mike you are not allowed to be bumming. That is a fish of a lifetime but it will pale in comparision to holding that little one in your hands. Congrats!!!
Shep
Posted 9/18/2006 9:27 AM (#209737 - in reply to #209732)

WTG Lambeau! Not to worry about the pic. Your mind's eye will always know what that fish looked like.
sworrall
Posted 9/18/2006 9:41 AM (#209740 - in reply to #209737)

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! The fish is cool, and a real pig, too. Way to go, LAMBEAU! You had her in your hands, and you know how big that fish was, the rest is just sharing, but I feel your pain on the camera issue.

The family addition is much much much cooler though, welcome to the world of the confused and committed; kids are life's greatest project. Congratulations to you and your wife, sir. I'll call you tonight, I'm buried in work right now!
AWH
Posted 9/18/2006 10:08 AM (#209746 - in reply to #209722)

Lambeau,

Awesome fish, congrats on a pig! And congrats on the upcoming addition to the family as well! Don't worry about the lack of a picture, you'll get over it. You've got the memory of catching the fish, which is the most important part. I don't get many pictures of my fish as I fish alone a good portion of the time. It used to bother me a little bit. But now I think nothing of letting fish go without a picture. I caught my heaviest (not longest) fish to date last fall. Fishing by myself I did take a picture of it in the water, which doesn't show the true size of it. But it was still one of my most memorable fish, even without the picture of me holding it.

Congrats again!

Aaron
big gun
Posted 9/18/2006 10:53 AM (#209752 - in reply to #209543)

Two Milestones at the same time. Good Karma coming together. There is some reason or purpose to the camera issue, maybe something beyond needing a picture or giving camera advice. I know for myself fishing and life is not about having a picture. BG
RUMBLEFISH
Posted 9/18/2006 11:01 AM (#209754 - in reply to #209543)

Congrats on the fatty Mike !!! Congrats on the news of the shorty on the way !!!
tomcat
Posted 9/18/2006 11:14 AM (#209755 - in reply to #209543)

dont put too much value on a pic. screw it.
you were there...someone else was there... that's all that matters.
it's the weirdo's who take pics of every fish they catch that might want to tell you they dont believe you..but..to heck with it..
you were there, someone else was there..that's it. it's all good, in the hood.
you know what you caught..you dont need a pic man..
muskihntr
Posted 9/18/2006 3:01 PM (#209790 - in reply to #209543)

i smell bs here......hey mike i get it...no pic so you can tell the wife you gotta get a repo done, right??? im gonna have to remember that one!!!! hahahahahaa
TForcier
Posted 9/18/2006 4:18 PM (#209800 - in reply to #209543)

Mike and I talked on Friday to make sure we had our MatchFishing items set.

Then he told me the GREAT news about his wife being pregnant. I told him I’ll send you the bill after the birth of the child due to the price being more for a boy. Just kidding Mike. As I told you on the phone…Congratulations!!

Early afternoon he called saying his father-in-law got a nice 33-incher. I told him I haven’t even seen a fish yet.
Later that night he called again. Now picture this…he’s already excited with the future fishing partner, now add a 53 ½-inch musky to this and you can about image the tone of his vice. He said, “got the one”. Todd, I got the one. I caught a 53 1/2 –incher, not sure what the girth is, all I know it was so heavy, I couldn’t even lift it. All I could do was hold it.

Mike, I was never so proud to lose a MatchFishing outing, as I was Saturday.

Once again…Congratulation to you and your wife and for catching “the one”!!!!!

Todd
PK
Posted 9/18/2006 4:36 PM (#209808 - in reply to #209729)

Funny, I never put a camera in the boat. Who cares what other people think, Lambeau. Like the bald man said, "you caught her, you held her" and you put her well being before your ego...I believe a guy in Arizona calls it "Soul Fishing". That moment will replay in your head as clear as any picture and last longer than any picture.

Congrats on the fish and the addition to the Packer stadium guy family.