Dryberry in 2 days
dreamer
Posted 9/7/2006 1:34 PM (#208227)
Subject: Dryberry in 2 days

Good afternoon all,

I just came across this site. I am heading to dryberry in 2 days for a weeks worth of musky fishing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I am staying at Redden's outpost and can barely stand the wait. We are going in early Sunday morning and coming out the follwing saturday. I have seen a few coments out there on the north eing more murky and the south being crystal clear. Any reccomendations?

Anybody ever try to troll this lake at night. I was going to mark some paths on the GPS during the day and follow those at night with some depth raiders or grandmas?

Also, I have looked through Google earth maps and picked out some potential spots from what you can see from the air. Any tips, lures, colors, locations etc. would be greatly appreciated. I am new to musky fishing for the last three years and have really ramped up this year. I really got into top waters recently and love the jackpot. I had 1 fish and 6 misses on it on saturday morning. I also had 1 mouth it and then throw the bait on Sunday morning and missed another. What is the trick for these? Am I pulling it from the fish too quick? Is the lure being pushed by the fish. Any recomendations would be appreciated.

Happy fishing,
Chuck
Slamr
Posted 9/7/2006 1:56 PM (#208228 - in reply to #208227)
Subject: RE: Dryberry in 2 days

Welcome to the site!

Sift through these old threads: http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/search/query.asp?action=searc...
There might be some good Dryberry info in there.

On the jackpot: if its going side to side, you're not going too fast. In my opinion, as strange as it seems, many fish miss because its going too SLOW. The fish keys on the bait going one direction, goes to hit it as it moving that way, then suddenly it turns. I move the jackpot fast, and have a relatively high hooking % with it. I like the jackpot as a search bait more than move, moving quickly, going in and out of pads or emergent weeds.

Good luck up north, and update us on your succcesses or tales of woe, when you get back!