Bulldawgs
NoFrills
Posted 8/24/2006 12:16 PM (#206396)
Subject: Bulldawgs

Question.
I've done alot of reading regarding these baits lately. One thing I learned was to use a split ring on the tow eye, so I added one.
Now, I've only thrown it a couple times, but something seems a little odd. It's a shallow spring dawg by the way.
Anyways, I threw it out maybe 50 ft. and reeled it in. It seems to want to come in on an angle, meaning, tilted to one side, instead of flat.
I threw it out again, this time giving it some pulls. Now, after the pull, it goes off the side..sort of like a Manta would, but only to one side, but both. Is there a problem with my Dawg? Can I fix it, and how? Is any of this normal with Dawgs? I've only really seen the poolside video of Dawgs, so I'm not sure it's supposed to do this.
Sorry if my descriptive techniques are lacking.
MACK
Posted 8/24/2006 12:20 PM (#206397 - in reply to #206396)
Subject: RE: Bulldawgs

If it's a solid wire dawg...just bend it slightly in the opposite way that it's darting. Or...leave it as it is...remember...when it comes to fishing for any species...making the lure look like wounded fish is the name of the game...
muskytopwater
Posted 8/25/2006 3:03 AM (#206535 - in reply to #206396)
Subject: RE: Bulldawgs

No Frills

This is normal for a Shallow Dawg - they wanted them to be a jerk style bait - so when you straight retrieve it it will not come in perfectly straight. Usually, everyone does some combination of a Jerk, Sweep movements.

Anyway - hope this helps