Mag Shallow Bulldawg question: again...
esox50
Posted 6/30/2006 7:51 PM (#198892)
Subject: Mag Shallow Bulldawg question: again...

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I'm trying to decide what to buy last minute before I head up to LOTW. I own a reg black/orange BD and a black/glow reg shallow BD. I was toying around with the idea of buying an all black mag shallow BD. I'm not a real big open water fishermen, so I'm pretty much tossing at structure 100% of the time, either on LOTW or anywhere else. If I did buy the mag shallow and added a bell sinker would that allow me to fish it as fast as a reg. (weighted) mag BD, and would it get as deep as a reg. mag BD? Do these run up on their sides easily like the reg. shallow BDs? Anyone that throws these, if you could shed some light, thoughts, etc that would be great.
kevin cochran
Posted 6/30/2006 11:21 PM (#198900 - in reply to #198892)
Subject: RE: Mag Shallow Bulldawg question: again...

I throw dawgs everyday and yes you can get the same action out of a weighted shallow mag as you can a reg mag. You can adjust the depth on any dawg by adding a sinker to the first split ring of the bait. I even add weight to reg dawgs when I want them to go deeper particularly when fishing cisco schools that are a little deeper in the water column.
Shallow mags are an excellent cold front bait worked above and through cabbage. Buy some shallow mags and experiment with different sinkers to adjust the drop rate of the bait.
Don Pfeiffer
Posted 7/3/2006 10:00 PM (#199162 - in reply to #198892)
Subject: RE: Mag Shallow Bulldawg question: again...

Brad actually at one time had weights for adding to them that you get. To your question yes you can bell sinkers to them and they'll work just great I also do this with the shallow invader to make it go a little deeper.

Pfeiff