The Hoodinie (Thanks MF)
Musky_Slayer
Posted 5/13/2006 11:45 PM (#191909)
Subject: The Hoodinie (Thanks MF)

Thanks to Mf for the great site. I wanted to show eveyone who bought a Hoodinie or anyone else who throws squirley baits something you can do to really change the action. If you cut the tail in half down the length of the tail the bait will run much much differently. I really like way the bait looks when being worked with a thinner tail on them.I prefer a bait that has a short glide for hooking percentages so I use big grubs on my baits but if you want more glide cut your 6" mogambo lengh wise or you can also try putting on a 5" grub. Then they will really dance. All depends on your setup and how you prefer to work a rod.

goodluck

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(MF GOLD1.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Gold MF2.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MF GOLD1.JPG (41KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments Gold MF2.JPG (39KB - 69 downloads)
muskynightmare
Posted 5/14/2006 7:04 AM (#191944 - in reply to #191909)
Subject: RE: The Hoodinie (Thanks MF)

Good tip! I'm currently testing the protos of my Squirrely Nessa, and this tip will be put to good use!
Thanx man!
Rob
AWH
Posted 5/14/2006 8:11 AM (#191958 - in reply to #191909)

Musky Slayer makes some nice baits. Solid construction and great paint jobs. I think some big fish are going to be taken on the Hoodinies this year, for those lucky enough to have one!

Aaron
A-ROZ
Posted 5/14/2006 10:55 AM (#191984 - in reply to #191909)

good tip slayer. I just got a hoodinie and i absolutely love the action. It really glides nicely on the water and that tail is great. I love walk the dog topwaters, and this is going to be one of my favorites for sure. Thanks again!

Edited by A-ROZ 5/14/2006 10:57 AM