My idea of a new color pattern, what do you think?
Petey21
Posted 4/25/2006 3:42 PM (#188820)
Subject: My idea of a new color pattern, what do you think?

I've been pondering the use of colors on crankbaits vs the colors of live fish. Fish are typically lightly colored or even white on the belly (to make them harder to see from below) and dark on the back (to make them harder to see against the darker bottom), and most (not all but most) lures are painted the same way, dark back and light belly. So my idea was to make a lure the total opposite, a lure that will NOT try to "hide" in any way, by using a bright back and dark belly.

So here's an idea I had, I photoshopped a picture of a Zalt crankbait and came up with this color. Bright neon yellow back and top of the head, neon green sides with yellow stripes, and a black belly and chin. This lure would be clearly visible against any background. Do you like this idea? I've emailed this very picture to the Zalt company to see what they think, and users on other boards have been supportive of this color idea. So what do you guys think? Would you give this color a try if it were available? I believe there are a few lures with SIMILAR patterns but not this very exakt pattern. Maybe some of you lure makers on this board (if there are any) could make a few lures with this pattern and give it a try in real life?

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(zalt2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments zalt2.jpg (17KB - 133 downloads)