Abu making noise
mm12463
Posted 3/31/2006 10:46 AM (#185129)
Subject: Abu making noise

I put a new worm gear upgrade on my Abu 6600SSc3. So instead of the plastic bushing on the right hand side it now has the 4th BB. Spins much smoother but now it is making a noise. Not sure what I did or did not put together correctly.

http://www.silver-fox.us/albums/muskiestuff/reel.avi

The video shows what I am talking about and you can hear it too. It did not do this before I did the upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by mm12463 3/31/2006 10:48 AM
C_Nelson
Posted 3/31/2006 5:23 PM (#185206 - in reply to #185129)
Subject: RE: Abu making noise

Mike,

Don't worry about it. Any Abu will do that. It is easier to do when there is line on the reel as there is more momentum of the spool with the added weight of the line.

Before I decided to send this on, I wanted to make sure I could do the same thing to a Record. Yes, you can. Without the line on there it took a couple of times before I spun it hard enough to make it do the same thing.

I was thinking that you had noise with the reel when reeling or casting or something. Your reel is engaged and you are spinning the handle and quickly stopping it. No big thing, not to worry.

You have a great reel there and that is a great video. Without that, I could not diagnose the problem, or lack there of, without seeing or hearing it. If more people could do the video thing that would be awesome.

Any more questions, fire away.

Chuck

Edited by C_Nelson 3/31/2006 5:31 PM