Bifocal Series Polarized Glasses found
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/22/2006 7:35 PM (#183756)
Subject: Bifocal Series Polarized Glasses found

I just thought some of you might like to know that there is some bifocal polarized glasses available. They come in +2.25 magnification and 28mm wide. Placed low in the lens for use only when you really need it. I found them at the Milwaukee Sport Show last weekend. They are offered in three different styles of frames and copper or brown lenses.

I checked them out and found them perfect for me and my old age bifocal needs. LOL
I am just tired of changing glasses all the time.

Here is the e-mail address if anyone would like to get more info:

[email protected]

phone:952-955-1217

The price was reasnonable at $129.00 and a lifetime warranty.

Contact J & K Sunglassesa Creations

Jim and Karen Luedtke
857 Quail Court
Watertown, MN 55388
Posted 3/22/2006 7:58 PM (#183762 - in reply to #183756)
Subject: RE: Bifocal Series Polarized Glasses found

solar bat
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/22/2006 8:43 PM (#183769 - in reply to #183762)

solar bat---please explain.

I would like to see more options if possible.
firstsixfeet
Posted 3/23/2006 5:21 AM (#183797 - in reply to #183769)

I didn't know there was a shortage. I never got them because I never felt they worked very well in the boat.

Glad you find them working well, cause I find even my regular bifocals annoying in the boat, I'm going to stick with my straight prescription on my shades.
musky_bob
Posted 3/23/2006 7:33 AM (#183807 - in reply to #183756)

If you want bifocals in the boat, simply order a set of prescription polarized when ever you get new regular glasses. Can't tell you the cost as they are partially a company benefit. You can get whatever style you like and they work fine (as good as my old eyes see anyway!). I also like them for foggy and light rainy conditions.

BUT..........I still don't see enough fish!
sworrall
Posted 3/23/2006 7:34 AM (#183808 - in reply to #183797)

FSF,
I have the same trouble and just end up peering over the top of my glasses which I am very aware amkes me look very old.
Fred J
Posted 3/23/2006 8:04 AM (#183816 - in reply to #183756)

Actionoptics.com can do the same thing as well.
MuskyHopeful
Posted 3/23/2006 10:09 AM (#183839 - in reply to #183756)

We knocked this around on another thread not long ago. If I'm reading this right, Mike is talking about non prescription for distance with a built-in cheater for up close. My problem is I can't see for distance or close, so I have a strong distance prescription with a bi-focal for up close. I found sunglass companies that will make glasses like that, but wow, the cost to buy two pairs so I have different color lenses was not what I had in mind ($700+). I'm going back to contacts for fishing. I'm going to buy two pair of Ocean Waves or something similar in non-prescription. Then I'm going to get some old man cheaters to go over the contacts and I will just take off the sunglasses and use the cheaters for up close stuff. Though I'll have to carry the extra cheater pair, it's going to be at least several hundred dollars less.

I'll see better for distance with the contacts, (which are relatively cheap compared to glasses), see better with cheaters over the contacts up close than with the bi-focals, and I'll have different sun glassess for different conditions. A little complicated, but cheaper and will result in better overall vision both near and far.

I know, it's even kind of confusing to me.

Kevin

Deteriorating vision has to be considered in all life's plans.

Edited by MuskyHopeful 3/23/2006 10:11 AM
firstsixfeet
Posted 3/23/2006 8:42 PM (#183934 - in reply to #183808)

sworrall - 3/23/2006 7:34 AM

FSF,
I have the same trouble and just end up peering over the top of my glasses which I am very aware amkes me look very old.

Sworall, unfortunately, unlike me, you are old. I on the other hand, am getting better....and when I peer over the top of my straight prescription sunglasses, it is with a handsome, quizzical stare, ahem....!