Mustad Ultra point treble hooks
DJS
Posted 3/21/2006 2:02 PM (#183485)
Subject: Mustad Ultra point treble hooks

I thought I heard Pete Mainia mention on a TV show a while back that they were coming out with musky sized ultra point treble hooks. Am I dreaming this up?
RK_unlogged
Posted 3/21/2006 2:11 PM (#183487 - in reply to #183485)
Subject: RE: Mustad Ultra point treble hooks

Crap---my fingers are too long for laptops...was reachin' for the shift key and whacked the enter key...

Nope - you heard correctly. Mustad is coming out with what they're calling the Ultimate Esox Treble. It's a 3x Ultra Point treble. The things are nasty sharp right out of the box, and like other ultra point hooks, they hold their point exceptionally well.

I'm not sure when they'll be available in retail stores. Right now the only way to get them is through a subscription promotion Esox Angler is running. We're basically getting all of them available right now. I also don't know what sizes will be avaible when they are in full production, but I'm guessing it'll be the 3/0-6/0 range.

They really are awesome hooks...

Cheers,
RK
muskyboy
Posted 3/21/2006 3:38 PM (#183511 - in reply to #183485)

That is good news if they eventually have 4/0, 5/0, and 6/0
Tim Kelly
Posted 3/22/2006 12:45 AM (#183586 - in reply to #183485)

I bought a couple of shallow invaders recently and on one of them the usual mustad roundbends which they are fitted with looked a lot better. Harder shinier wire with longer points and smaller barbs. Have they finally revised their roundbend range? I always thought their roundbend pattern was the ideal shape for a lure hook, but the barbs were too big, the points too short and the wire was so soft you couldn't keep it sharp for long. Hopefully the examples on my shallow invader are the shape of things to come?
Pikopath
Posted 3/22/2006 1:52 AM (#183587 - in reply to #183485)

Ironically, I, which are situated in Norway, will probably have to order these hooks from USA or UK
But I have to give them a call, I could be lucky, and get a few packs, and not HAVE to buy 50000...
And no, theyre NOT cheaper here ...

Michael