Poll looking for other water to fish in Ontario
Posted 3/17/2006 5:59 PM (#182995)
Subject: looking for other water to fish in Ontario

I am after 17 years, 30+trips to LOTW looking for other water to fish in Ontario. I am not interested in #s, size is what matters. Like to find a piece of water with trophey fish and not alot of pressure. Wabigoon has come up and am intereste to know peoples experience. Is it heavily fished, is the clay stained water a challenge? Any tips.

The same goes for Lower Manitou. Clear water very deep. Any comments.

Thanks to all ahead of time.
Raider150
Posted 3/17/2006 6:48 PM (#183003 - in reply to #182995)
Subject: RE: ---

Fished the goon a couple of years ago. We fished weeds rock wood and mud lines. Seen some nice fish nothing huge tho. We boated a couple of low 40s. Tremendous pike population . We could hardly keepem off our baits. We stayed at Inian Point Camp. Haven't heard much about them lately tho. I have a map with marked spots if you need a copy let me know. Also if your after big fish Eagle Lake has some MONSTERS in it. Theres also the Indian Chain that is N of Vermillion Bay I have seen some dandies in there too. Hope this helps

Edited by Raider150 3/17/2006 6:51 PM
fishguide
Posted 3/18/2006 9:10 AM (#183058 - in reply to #182995)
Subject: RE: looking for other water to fish in Ontario

the goon has some hawgs in it,water clarity is like nil,drop a lure in it and it disappears,fish hunt on sound there.i would suggest eagle lake,and book in to andy meyers lodge[www.andymeyerslodge.com],i guide there but do mainly walleye,but do some muskie, have tied into some good fish and have seen some that i wish i could have tied into.steve herbeck owns the camp and is one of the most knowledgeable fisherman i know.he and his muskie guides are out there everyday,so they know whats going on,and the camp has daily evening updates to dial every one in.we can take fisherman to where ever we feel they need to be,either on eagle or some of the other lakes he has boats on,were you can catch #,s.but for big fish only can,t beat eagle and i do trips to lac suel.for more info call steve herbeck:1-888-727-5865,don,t think you will be sorry.