red october baits- vibe tube
dward
Posted 3/11/2006 5:38 PM (#181831)
Subject: red october baits- vibe tube

anyone throwing this lure? what do you think about it? what kind of retrieve works best, etc. thinking of purchasing one, thanks
AWH
Posted 3/11/2006 6:56 PM (#181840 - in reply to #181831)
Subject: RE: red october baits- vibe tube

Great bait! They work well throwing them like a bucktail. But you can also give it a pumping action or do kind of a lift and drop technique as you're bringing it in to give it an even different action. I've found that bait similar to your standard "hair" bucktails, but slightly different like your rubber skirted spinners and now the Vibe Tube can be super effective. Your Vibe Tube is going to fall at a slower rate than a bucktail will. And because of its design, it comes through weeds great. This bait should put some big fish in the boat in 2006. And they'll be available soon as at Musky Tackle Online! http://www.muskytackleonline.com

Aaron

Edited by AWH 3/11/2006 8:37 PM
Josh K
Posted 3/11/2006 7:23 PM (#181846 - in reply to #181831)

Hi Dward,

Thanks for inquiring about our baits. I don't like to self promote too much, because it sounds too salemen-ish if you know what I mean. But let me just leave a fact with you... last year our Vibe Tube was being tested by a select few fishermen and it AVERAGED 46".

Anywa, the way I like to work them is a pump-retrieve, so that the #7 blade thumps hard and the tube tails breath in a rising and falling action.

It is my #1 confidence bait.

They will be available on Aaron's website sometime next week.

Thanks again,
Josh Ketry - Owner
www.redoctoberbaits.com
7Islands
Posted 3/12/2006 4:49 AM (#181877 - in reply to #181831)

Just recieved a Vibe Tube from Josh at Red October.Fantastic looking inline spinner witha 10" tube for a body.The breathing of a tube body or the magic "PUFF" is huge but subtle trigger.Rigged as a jig the tubes are deadly.Ive thrown other,smaller versions before but these are very high quality.IM bringing some along to My Talk Monday the 13th at Capital City Chapter Muskies Inc
Professional Edge
Posted 3/12/2006 7:04 AM (#181883 - in reply to #181831)

The guys from Red October showed me in the pool during the Chicago show what these things can do. There is no doubt that tubes are going to be one of the first lures out of my box. I was impressed with the tube without the blade. They worked it like a jerk bait and the movement of the tail and darting action was very interesting.

Hope I am the first to throw it on Leech this year.

Thanks guys.

Keith
dward
Posted 3/12/2006 10:21 AM (#181900 - in reply to #181831)

Thanks for the responses guys! i think i will be picking one up for the this year.
any suggestions for color. i fish mostly clearer bodies of water. Thanks.
dward
Posted 4/3/2006 12:27 PM (#185509 - in reply to #181831)

just received the 2 i ordered in the mail. they look nice. looking forward to throwing them this season. definetely a strong possibility something the fish aren't used to seeing. That's a big tube!
guideman
Posted 4/3/2006 3:20 PM (#185533 - in reply to #185509)

Josh sent me a few over the winter to try out. They look like a great bait, I can't wait to throw them.

"Ace"
Beaver
Posted 4/3/2006 3:22 PM (#185536 - in reply to #181831)

I imagine that they would work very well.
Look how many fish a Rizzo Wizz has put in the boat.
Those are still great throwback lures.
Beav