How much thicker is a Weagle than a Jackpot?
MuskyPA
Posted 3/7/2006 9:23 PM (#181270)
Subject: How much thicker is a Weagle than a Jackpot?

I'm thinking about getting a weagle but I have no idea how thick it is? is it a lot bigger than a Jackpot? How about heavier?
Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 3/7/2006 9:33 PM (#181271 - in reply to #181270)
Subject: RE: How much thicker is a Weagle than a Jackpot?

IMHO if you are thining of a weagle by comparing it to a jackpot, you may want to see one in action before you buy. The action and the method of working a weagle is apples to oranges compared to a jackpot.
Doug Bradley
Posted 3/7/2006 9:44 PM (#181273 - in reply to #181270)

The Weagle is quite a bit biger than a Jackpot. If you are using a high quality rod that you are able to work you're jackpot with you will be able to work a Weagle because In my opinion they are easier to work than the Jackpot. If you are thinking about trying one I would say get it I think wou will be happy with it. If you are concerned about the size I would suggest a Dunwright Top Dancer, a little smaller yet larger then the Jackpot and works great also. I have both and both work very well.Good Luck Doug
shane
Posted 3/7/2006 10:22 PM (#181277 - in reply to #181270)

One other thing to keep in mind that working this lure is critical in the presentation. Slow with slack line is the key to having success with this particular lure. I think you will find that is pushes a good amount of water, more then a jackpot. Overall I think once you get the hang out it, you will be pleasantly pleased.