new fishing TOOL
lobi
Posted 2/27/2006 5:50 PM (#179937)
Subject: new fishing TOOL

I thought everyone was crazy buying songs, ring tones, games, etc for their cell phone. I was monkeying around the other night to see what kind of stuff was available and low and behold I bought one.

I have Verizon wireless (don't know if it is available on other servers or not) and found "WEATHER SCOUT" Weather right on my phone. Punch in a city or zip code and it has all kinds of screens available. The cool thing about this one is that it has a barometric pressure forecast as well as the fish and game activity forecast ..and.. your nearest Gander mountain store location. I have never found barometer forecasts available, there are lots of sites with past barometer trends but not looking ahead. Wind speed, direction, cloud cover, imediate weather, forcast, ect. Pretty cool.
Anybody else using this?
muskyboy
Posted 2/27/2006 6:34 PM (#179947 - in reply to #179937)
Subject: RE: new fishing TOOL

Was just fishing Shelbyville in January and had to wait out a Tornado warning and massive thunderstorm. My Cingular phone enables me to get local weather and even radar images, so I punch it in when on the road. It is really great to have, since I fish by myself often.
happy hooker
Posted 2/28/2006 9:44 AM (#180025 - in reply to #179937)
Subject: RE: new fishing TOOL

I got my first cell last year,,,all that stuff is handy but the thing I like best is the ability to order pizza at the lake