Ohio Musky Show Report
Pete Stoltman
Posted 2/28/2005 6:52 PM (#136986)
Subject: Ohio Musky Show Report

The second annual Ohio Muskie Show came off very well this past weekend. For only its second year this show that is hosted by the Central Ohio Chapter of Muskies Inc. brought people in from not only Ohio but Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky, New York, and even some Canadian provinces were represented. The enthusiasm of the Ohio crowd is infectious and believe me these folks are serious about making Ohio a serious contender in the musky world. Several of us noticed a definite rise in the learning curve of the attendees especially newcomers to the sport. Attendance at the show was pretty good although I didn't hear any numbers just yet, I can tell you that for a time on Saturday I was as busy as I ever am at some of the more established shows. Friday after the show the Muskies Inc. chapter held their awards banquet that featured guest appearances by a number of the musky world celebrities. A great meal was enjoyed by those attending and a lot of us guys from the traditional "musky belt states" were pretty impressed with both the numbers and size of the fish these guys and gals are racking up.
Seminar speakers included Jim Saric, Tony Grant, Ranger Rick Krueger, Pete Maina, Tom Deitz, and Elmer Heyob. Elmer is with the fisheries department of the Ohio DNR and also a very active member of the Central Ohio Chapter. The venue is very nice which is the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe right down the road from OSU. They even had valet parking available! I saw a good number of folks who attended all three days.
I am very impressed with the energy the Ohio musky fishermen are putting into the sport and although it is a relatively new sport to a lot of folks it is growing fast.
Special thanks should go to the show coordinators Ross and Katie Wagner and Katie Neyhus along with the rest of their staff for a job well done. Another big thanks to the Central Ohio Chapter members who showed tons of class and hospitality.
pgaschulz
Posted 2/28/2005 7:04 PM (#136987 - in reply to #136986)
Subject: RE: Ohio Musky Show Report

Also Illinois right Kevin?
ToddM
Posted 2/28/2005 9:02 PM (#137002 - in reply to #136986)

The show was great as usual. The venue is awesome and so is the food there. I have gone both years and will go back. It is a great time.

The only problem I had which had nothing to do with the show is a couple had a huge fight at the hotel around 3am. Lots of screaming, door pounding, crying, then they ran the shower for 2 hours to drown out the sound. It was close to my room so I got no sleep. I had a great time hanging out with my southern buddies and meeting new people.

I did not take many pics but here is who they are:

1) archerynut36, Randy Whiteman and Kevin
2)Mikie, Raze1, Mauser
3) Cincinatti

There was a young girl working at the first tackle shop as you walked into the show. I wish I would have gotten her picture for everyone to see.

Edited by ToddM 2/28/2005 9:49 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(ohioshow1.jpg)

(ohioshow2.jpg)

(ohioshow3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ohioshow1.jpg (44KB - 68 downloads)
Attachments ohioshow2.jpg (46KB - 79 downloads)
Attachments ohioshow3.jpg (44KB - 74 downloads)
Pete Stoltman
Posted 2/28/2005 9:37 PM (#137010 - in reply to #136987)

pgaschulz - 2/28/2005 7:04 PM

Also Illinois right Kevin?

Didn't mean to leave you guys out. Illinois was well represented too!
Chartertalk
Posted 2/28/2005 11:03 PM (#137030 - in reply to #136986)

Pete, I enjoyed the show too. It was nice to meet you and many others who made it there.
Ross and the gang are doing a great job and it looks like this one will just get better.
I spoke with some from WV, PN, IN, KY, TN, MI, Il, OH.
See you next year,
Pete Stoltman
Posted 3/1/2005 7:36 AM (#137056 - in reply to #137030)

Good to meet you too Bob. Learned a bunch about St. Clair talking with you. Thanks.
cincinnati
Posted 3/2/2005 1:49 PM (#137299 - in reply to #136986)

2 thumbs up! Thanks to "old" friend, ToddM. Greetings to new friends Mikie, Mauser, Raze1 & Mike Gregg.
BuckeyeMuskie
Posted 3/2/2005 2:23 PM (#137306 - in reply to #136986)

yeah the young girl in the first tackle shop was my girlfriend Becky maybe ill get one of her muskie pictures posted on here..Thanks for a good show Brian.
Yokels
Posted 3/2/2005 2:27 PM (#137307 - in reply to #136986)

Mauser and Mikie working for Muskies101. With a Pro-Staff like that, Muskies First doesnt have a chance!