Captains License opportunity in Waukesha
Mikes Extreme
Posted 1/30/2005 6:03 PM (#133062)
Subject: Captains License opportunity in Waukesha

Master Captain Bob Parker is offering classes to those who might want to take advantage of getting their captian license for the Great Lakes and other larger lakes.

Yes that means two of the larger inland lakes people guide on with out the Captians License. They are starting to crack down on these lakes and its going to be a must soon.

I will copy the e-mail he sent me for everyone to look at the info. I know the price is very good for this offer and only 5 more can attend this class. He limits the classes to 20 people.

I friend of mine payed $1,500.00 in Chicago last year. I know Bobs are under $900.00.

Here is the info:

Hi Mike,
It was a pleasure meeting you at the show and talking to you on the phone. My present schedule is set for the Comfort Suites (I-94 and 164) February 18th thru the 27th.
Class will convene Friday evening (Feb 18th) at 1800 to 2100. Saturday and Sunday (Feb 19/20) classes run from 0830-1630. The next week classes will be from 1800-2100 each evening. The 2nd (final) weekend (Feb 26/27) is again 0830-1630. The last Saturday afternoon is devoted to the review and Sunday is the exams.
Class content consists of Rules of the Road, Deck General, Safety and First Aid, Navigation and Charting and Plotting. As I explained, I am U.S. Coast Guard Certified to instruct the class and administer the examinations.
There is a possibility that I may conduct another class in March, but that is not definite at this point. I will be doing a Masters class in April and if anyone should be interested, I also offer Commercial Assistance Towing and will offer this 4 hour class at the end of each class. I look forward to seeing you in class!

Best Regards, Bob
Master Captain Bob Parker
USCG Certified Instructor/Examiner
1268 Timber Ridge
Pewaukee, Wi 53072
262.691.9250 Residence
414.202.3321 Cellular
Email to:[email protected]

-
Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/10/2005 4:04 PM (#134560 - in reply to #133062)
Subject: RE: Captains License opportunity in Waukesha

Is there any interest in this from guides or soon to be guides?

I know of 4 or 5 guide from this area already signed up and going to this class.

Give Bob a call and see if this class is for you. I know my guide buisness will be expanding to the Big Pond, Green Bay, Bay De Noc, ect.

Get in on the oppertunity while you can. See ya in class......
Shep
Posted 2/10/2005 4:15 PM (#134562 - in reply to #134560)

Man, I wish this class had been offered whilst I was still down there. I'm thinking I'm gonna need it. And soon!

I have to check my calendar for work, and if there are no conflicts, I may just bite the bullet, and put on the miles driving back and forth.

Perhaps post this on WalleyeFirst for our friends over there?
Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/10/2005 6:33 PM (#134579 - in reply to #134562)

Shep,

Come down and spend the night at my house. The door is always open for you pal.

Yes, you will need this class !!!

The fines are way out of hand for those who get caught. They are cracking down on guides working without this license. In the seasons to come it will be a must.

I talked to Bob tonight and he said he has room for 3 more. $775.00 is the price he quoted me.

He teaches the class and gives the exam.

Class starts a week from this Friday.
C_Nelson
Posted 2/10/2005 11:45 PM (#134630 - in reply to #133062)

If you can get the test up here, consider yourself lucky. I took the class through Bill Nasello (spelling) and then went to St Louis to take the test. It was cool though going right to the Coast Guard's home to take the test. Talking to the different guys at the office in St Louis and asking them questions is great.

How many people know that to guide on the Winnebago Chain and the Fox River you needed a captains license?

How many people know that there is more to it than just getting a captains license and guides license then taking people fishing?

Try being on a random drug testing program. Mandatory Type I PFD's for all on board. Ring buoy with rope attatched. Up to date flares. And the list goes on......

Oh yes, make sure that the customer does not touch the steering wheel of the boat when under way. Why? They are now part of the crew and must also be under a random drug testing program. Don't laugh, it's the truth!!

Have fun guys, glad I've got mine!!!

Chuck

Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/18/2005 7:36 PM (#135703 - in reply to #134630)

Good points Chuck.

I will be learning all the details very soon. This was a no brainer for me to get in on but lots of guys said it is not worth the trouble.

Things are going to change from what I here. Class started today with the overview and getting into the details starting tomarrow.