Globe vs. Tailspinner topwater
JLR
Posted 1/1/2005 4:46 PM (#130073)
Subject: Globe vs. Tailspinner topwater

I love fishing topwaters. Why would I fish a Globe style topwater over a tailspinner like a Topraider? Got to figure out my shopping list for the Chicago show!

Thanks,

John
esox50
Posted 1/1/2005 6:23 PM (#130083 - in reply to #130073)
Subject: RE: Globe vs. Tailspinner topwater

Thanks for reminding me....
MikeHulbert
Posted 1/1/2005 7:14 PM (#130088 - in reply to #130073)

Globes have a totally different style of sound than a tail spinning topwater lure.

Why just get one topwater lure?

I would highly suggest the Globes made by Snowcrest tackle, I just got my shipment this week, and they are SWEET!

Get a few of each, be prepared......
E's musky Baits
Posted 1/1/2005 9:08 PM (#130104 - in reply to #130073)

I think one of the things on your list should be the latest book from John Dettloff, Topwater Tactics and Tails. This is a very good read. John goes over all topwater baits. How to tune them, and when the best time to use them. I think you should get one of each bait. There is a time and a place for each one. My first musky came on a globe. that day the fish where short hitting the tail baits went to a globe and the story goes from there. I love this sport, always need to buy somthing then something else. have fun at the show. Stop by Nimmer swimmer and tell Greg that Evan from Ev's Musky Baits sent you, he is going to have some very nice thing at the show.
Steve Jonesi
Posted 1/2/2005 12:15 AM (#130127 - in reply to #130073)

Good answers above!I prefer to work my Globes(Snowcrest are nice!) slower than I would a tail plopper.Get the thing to chatter and squeak.I typically use ploppers as search baits, although globes can also be used as a search bait, only in a much slower fashion.Search baits don't have to be worked fast.Long casts cover water too.So many baits, so little time. Steve

Edited by Steve Jonesi 1/2/2005 12:39 AM
Reef Hawg
Posted 1/2/2005 12:26 AM (#130128 - in reply to #130073)

Globes are absolutely the best topwater for big time chop. I like the loosest squeekiest globe I can find, and Ryan jinkerson(rylur) makes my favorite. Joel Wick, and nimmer also make nice ones. Ryan told me a guy in MN is making a sweet one too. He was one of the inventors of Hi Finn tackle, and the name hidling comes to mind but not sure.

Globes are also great night lures worked very slowly, but the main thing to remember is that they are really not a search lure as someone else here suggested. they are best when worked quite slowly. definately in my top three topwaterlure picks!!!!!
sworrall
Posted 1/2/2005 9:28 AM (#130142 - in reply to #130128)

Heidenreich and Findlay, not sure on the spelling, for Hi Fin, if my memory serves. I helped out on the Splash Tail back a very long time ago. I like the Globe style bait when I am SURE where the fish are and can lay it over the top of them and move it very slowly along. Squeeky is good. The Mud Puppy style baits I like to move a bit faster, even burn sometines.

Sue likes the Globe style because she likes the way they track, and she's caught a few Muskies on that bait, too.
Bytor
Posted 1/3/2005 9:06 AM (#130237 - in reply to #130073)

Ron Heidenreich currently makes the Lugerhead globe.
Reef Hawg
Posted 1/5/2005 5:59 AM (#130367 - in reply to #130073)

thanks guys. I know LLoyd well but never met the HI from HI Finn. Thanks for the clarification. I will have to check out one of Rons globes. Does he have an email addy?
Mark H.
Posted 1/5/2005 6:51 AM (#130371 - in reply to #130073)

Hawgseeker Tackle.... Boss Hawg

A unique sound, splash, vibration that can be fished slow or fast and cranked below the water to finish the cast.

www.hawgseekers.com

Check them out, available at many Gander Mt.
Posted 1/5/2005 9:56 AM (#130386 - in reply to #130073)

Reefhawg,

If you give Joel W. a call he can get you Ron H. address. They are good friends and usually fish Canada each
year. I asked Ron about a globe last year and he stated he only makes a very limited amount each year. It sounded like just a handful. Maybe you'll have better luck. I do know that Ron lives in the Milwaukee area.
Good luck,
Bill C.

Thanks for the info on the Rylure creepers. I think I got the factory wings. I hope they'll sound ok. If not I
copied down the number you forwarded and I could always give him a call. Maybe I could just buy a pair of
his custom made wings and add them on later if necessary.
Reef Hawg
Posted 1/5/2005 3:49 PM (#130425 - in reply to #130073)

Thanks greenduck, I'll get in touch with joel.