LVD Question
flyfisherman11
Posted 8/5/2024 6:20 PM (#1030092)
Subject: LVD Question

Hello everyone, I have been fishing Lac Vieux Desert for the past several years and have found the fishing on this lake to be significantly slower than other bodies of water that I fish. However, I have heard numerous people talk about an area on the lake called “valley of the giants” that seems to be better fishing. For those who are familiar with LVD, I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me where the fabled “valley of the giants” is as I can’t find any maps with that location labeled. Thanks!
chuckski
Posted 8/6/2024 7:51 AM (#1030099 - in reply to #1030092)
Subject: Re: LVD Question

The whole west shore from the outlet bay by the dam north to Long point. One big giant weed bed, you cast all day in this spot.
Conservation Guy
Posted 8/6/2024 8:42 AM (#1030101 - in reply to #1030099)

LVD was one of my favorites back in the late 90s, but even then it could be tough, eventhough you could have some pretty good days. Stocking has really slowed down out there over the last 10 years so it has only gotten more difficult. I like to get out there when I can, but to be honest there are better lakes in the area, especially when the grass grows in and makes large portions of the lake un-fishable.
chuckski
Posted 8/6/2024 10:01 AM (#1030105 - in reply to #1030092)

I haven't been there since the late 90's, a good spring and fall lake and you can't hardly make a cast without being on fish.
Lots of resorts, and boats, and people. The Valley is one giant weed bed and scattered weeds thru out the lake. There are some long fish in there, In the lake 90's I had sources telling me of two different 60" seen. (one lost due to a botched net job).