New Abu Garcia Reels??
Cedar
Posted 7/19/2024 2:28 PM (#1029872)
Subject: New Abu Garcia Reels??

I see that the T3 Revo Toro Beast, and the Revo Beast 40's are marked down for clearance, which usually means some kind of replacement is out there, or the model is being discontinued. Does anyone have any first hand insight as to what, if anything may be coming?
Dom
Posted 7/21/2024 4:02 PM (#1029895 - in reply to #1029872)
Subject: Re: New Abu Garcia Reels??

I have nothing relevant to add but hopefully something that is made in Japan or Sweden to justify the $350 price tag. I come from flyfishing world and recently just picked the conventional gear again and it blew my mind how much the market is saturated with cheap #*#* reels. Two reels that somewhat clicks boxes for me are Abu Ambassadeurs C series and Shimano Calcuttas. Everything else is plastic Taiwan crap with $300+ price tags. I have few Revo Toro Beasts, fished Tranx alot, they are ok reels but they do not feel like a $300 item in hand...
Skeet1969
Posted 8/20/2024 5:46 AM (#1030374 - in reply to #1029895)
Subject: Re: New Abu Garcia Reels??

Dom - 7/20/2024 5:02 PM

I have nothing relevant to add but hopefully something that is made in Japan or Sweden to justify the $350 price tag. I come from flyfishing world and recently just picked the conventional gear again and it blew my mind how much the market is saturated with cheap #*#* reels. Two reels that somewhat clicks boxes for me are Abu Ambassadeurs C series and Shimano Calcuttas. Everything else is plastic Taiwan crap with $300+ price tags. I have few Revo Toro Beasts, fished Tranx alot, they are ok reels but they do not feel like a $300 item in hand...

Big Abu fan here since I was a kid in the 70's-80's. I was disappointed that the new 7000 for SW I bought wasn't made in Sweden, but at least the 6600-C4 I just ordered for musky still shows Made in Sweden on it. (Well, at least the online pics do - I'll know soon, it'll be here in a couple of days.)

I also came back to gear from over 10 years of almost exclusively fly fishing, (tendinitis in rotator cuff area) and "upgraded" some of my bass tackle from old 4600's to newer Asian-made Revo and Zata baitcasters. Nice stuff, but I still prefer the old round stuff.
Mike B