St. Clair Next Week
jase2
Posted 6/11/2024 5:27 AM (#1029041)
Subject: St. Clair Next Week

Hey Folks. Going to St Clair next week and staying in the North End Launching at Algonac. Would you recommend fishing the rivers and channels this time of year or should I venture out into the lake? Not looking for GPS Points or anything like that, but if I fish the lake do you recommend, the Ridges, Dumping Grounds, Belle River? Thanks in advance.

jasonvkop
Posted 6/11/2024 6:44 AM (#1029043 - in reply to #1029041)
Subject: RE: St. Clair Next Week

jase2 - 6/11/2024 6:27 AM

Hey Folks. Going to St Clair next week and staying in the North End Launching at Algonac. Would you recommend fishing the rivers and channels this time of year or should I venture out into the lake? Not looking for GPS Points or anything like that, but if I fish the lake do you recommend, the Ridges, Dumping Grounds, Belle River? Thanks in advance.

If you are launching in Algonac I wouldn't recommend fishing Belle River or Dumping grounds as they are on the complete opposite side of the lake. That would be a long boat ride and the lake can get pretty nasty in no time at all. If you want to fish down that way I would launch at St. Jeans or even somewhere near St Clair shores.

If you do launch at Algonac then I would probably just focus on the Anchor bay area. There should definitely still be some fish there with it still being somewhat early in the year. Check out Grassy Island area, Goulette pt, Marsac pt, Swan Creek pt. There are always resident fish in the channels as well. Areas where smaller inlets/highways meet a main channel usually have good weeds and will hold fish. If you want to go farther into the lake, there are usually fish around the Spillway and the Wreck.
jase2
Posted 6/12/2024 5:29 AM (#1029068 - in reply to #1029041)
Subject: Re: St. Clair Next Week

Thank you so much, Musky Bandit.