Lost my favorite bucktail!!!!!
Manta18
Posted 6/10/2024 5:06 PM (#1029036)
Subject: Lost my favorite bucktail!!!!!

Fishing Sunday night and I am using my all time favorite bucktail. Was the very first Double Cowgirl I bought when they came out. It has caught me the most fish, my heaviest fish and longest fish. Blades were bent out of whack, so I don't know if it gave off a different vibration or what, but the darn thing was pert near magic. Bringing it in and the blades got fouled on some weeds, nothing to bad. Pull it out of the water and go to give it a little shake to get the weeds off, and to my surprise, the bucktail just drops off the line and sinks. WTH!!!! Come to fine out one of the new leaders I was trying out, snap came undone and shaking enough the bucktail "jumped" off the leader and poof. Needless to say, that leader and everyone of the same brand I bought were thrown into the storage bin and I went back to my tried and true leaders. Now I have to make a special order to Musky Mayhem because I can't find that color in the double cowgirl. The life of musky fishing eh?
esoxaddict
Posted 6/10/2024 6:52 PM (#1029037 - in reply to #1029036)
Subject: Re: Lost my favorite bucktail!!!!!

What color was it?
jdsplasher
Posted 6/11/2024 5:44 AM (#1029042 - in reply to #1029037)

Order the tinsel color it was , blades and beads & build it yourself. Might be a better build. Easy to do!

Try the strong split rings instead of the snaps. Stuff happens. Better than losing a fish on it!

JD

mikie
Posted 6/11/2024 8:19 AM (#1029046 - in reply to #1029036)

A couple years ago, I had the snap break while casting one of my favorite Treats, could not locate the bait that day. I came back that winter when they dropped the level of the reservoir, and there it was, in six inches of water. Dried it out, still works great. m