Globe Construction Question
VanderLaan
Posted 9/6/2021 8:22 PM (#988647)
Subject: Globe Construction Question

Trying to come up with a plan to build a globe bait and have not been able to find much on-line. Hoping you'all can answer a few questions and help me move forward with the build.

Any thoughts or suggestions on connecting the two halves? I see some are just wire with beads.

Some have square tubing and others have round tubing. Is the tubing epoxied in place?

Hook size?

Is there a go-to thread or tutorial on building a globe bait?

Anything else I need to know? I appreciate any insight you can give me.

Edited by VanderLaan 9/6/2021 8:23 PM
RJ_692
Posted 9/7/2021 7:49 AM (#988657 - in reply to #988647)
Subject: RE: Globe Construction Question

I build a few every year...can PM if need be

Though wire is most common construction. Beads or rivets or whatever to space the bodies. Need to keep space so the screws for the blade don't hit the rear body and stop

Round or square tubing is preference...yes the body needs to be held firmly in place on the tubing, on a globe the water resistance on the blades try to move it backwards, if it was not firmly attached the body will come off the tube. I try to make a tight fit between the body and tube and use some epoxy, just being careful not to get in tube

Hook size is totally dependent on size or if using spreaders
VanderLaan
Posted 9/7/2021 6:42 PM (#988683 - in reply to #988647)
Subject: Re: Globe Construction Question

Thanks for the insight. Any leads on a source for the tubing? Size?
jdsplasher
Posted 9/7/2021 8:31 PM (#988694 - in reply to #988683)
Subject: Re: Globe Construction Question

VanderLaan - 9/7/2021 6:42 PM Thanks for the insight. Any leads on a source for the tubing? Size?

I just get my brass tube at a hardware store. 1/8” hole through wood body, 1/8” brass  tubing;)

Tubing same size diameter as hole size!

JD Customs