bass style soft plastics
Pa Tigers n trout
Posted 12/11/2020 2:57 PM (#972560)
Subject: bass style soft plastics

What are yinz´ favorite bass style plastic baits that you can use for musky? So far I have seen the Trigger X big moe (now discontinued) and a few others that seemed less appealing. Keep in mind I will be trying for musky on these, but durability is not an issue!
Rob C
Posted 12/12/2020 10:54 AM (#972572 - in reply to #972560)
Subject: Re: bass style soft plastics

I caught my largest (50.5) sight fishing in the spring using a 7 inch senko style plastic worm. I've also had follows on senkos while bass fishing, working them like a jerk bait rather than how they are normally used. Besides muskies and bass I've caught walleye and pike on them too, they are about as versatile of a bait as it comes.

I use 4-5 inch paddle tail swimbaits as a trailer on 3/4 - 1oz spinnerbaits, gives the lure a really big profile compared to what the smaller game species normally see. I catch lots of bass and pike with that along with some smaller muskies on occasion (nothing above 40 inches). Pike like to nip at the paddle tail frequently though, so if you do this be prepared to keep replacing the trailer.
sworrall
Posted 12/13/2020 11:26 AM (#972596 - in reply to #972560)

The creatures I am sending you as soon as I can get Keith (Violent Strike) and I at the office at the same time were originally designed for Bass. I ended up with dozens topping 48 with those lures over the years.
musky513
Posted 12/14/2020 12:41 PM (#972635 - in reply to #972560)

Zoom brush hogs, crayfish imitators, basically anything you would put on a bass jig to fish for bass... I would fish them on a weedless bass jig. Twin tails, havoc pit boss, reapers, again, anything a bass would eat...